• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Adrianm1821

1993 Ford Ranger Cranks but does not start

Hey man i had the same problem! Eveyone said the bolt was 1/2 inch mine was also 10mm so what i did was i got a swivel socket attachment and an extension and i was able to get the distributor out with a rachet (note: you will have little room but its possible!). The distributor wrenches i bought...
  2. Adrianm1821

Okay update! I got my distributor early! And gotnit changed out and hopefully got the timing right 🤞🏼. It Turned on no problem!! I also changed the fuel filter and oil and oil filter. So it turns on and runs! BUTTT now while im driving i put the pedal to the metal and its very very slow until it...
  3. Adrianm1821

Thank you so much you have been a great help! because of you i got my truck started again, Now hopefully i can fix it with the distributor so that it will start up every time i try it lol. Hopefully i will not have any more problems after this lol thanks again.
  4. Adrianm1821

Okay so update, the TFI/ICM (i think those are the same part but have different names?) has already been replaced and so has ignition coil, at first when it wasnt starting the check engine would stay on while trying to start, it randomly started working after i finished testing the voltage and...
  5. Adrianm1821

Battery read at 12.6 when i tested it with the meter with car off. i did all of those steps again to double check and same readings rubber connection from ignition coil to distributor cap reading jump around from 6v to 11v and i was holding it still, and the power cord i guess its called the one...
  6. Adrianm1821

Yea i did all of that and those were the results i had.
  7. Adrianm1821

Okay so i bought an ohms reader and i checked the wire with the plug at the end that goes into the ignition coil one side of the plug is reading 5v and the other side is reading .2v, so then i checked the rubber plug that connects from the ignition coil to the distributor cap and that is jumping...
  8. Adrianm1821

Yes the truck didn’t start with the starting fluid when i did the test sorry about that, so it randomly started yesterday afternoon after i just started fiddling around but now this morning again no start I did pay attention to the CEL this time and it turns on when the key is in and turned in...
  9. Adrianm1821

Hey guys new here and pretty new to the car scene as well i bought a 1993 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0L v6 automatic with 140,000 miles a few days ago and it was turning on and driving pretty well when this morning it didnt turn on. I tried my best and looked up posts and videos and this is what i have...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad