• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ncsdaonex

2.3l rough idle and feels like missing

So Ive had my 1997 ranger 2.3l 5 speed for 4 years and it had a litte miss now and then when I first had it and its gotten worse and worse. So recently Ive replaced different things because Ive had enough with this. I love my truck I just want it to run correctly. So first Im a 2nd year auto...
  2. ncsdaonex

01 to 11 2.3l ranger engine manual and auto

Do the automatic engines in these years have a pilot hole in the crank so you can use it on a 5 speed tranny? Is the pilot hole in the crank or is it in the flywheel?
  3. ncsdaonex

03 to 04 and 05 to 11 2.3 engines interchangable? Please help need answer soon!

I cant find a replacement engine for my dads 04 2.3l ranger. The 05 to 11 engines look the same, are they interchangeable? Ford tells me that from 03 to 04 and 05 to 11 that there a different parts number but they don't know whats different between the years, are they the same?
  4. ncsdaonex

04 to 11 2.3 ranger engines interchangable?

so my dads ranger is an 04 5 speed 2.3 dual cam standard cab. The engine needs replaced, low compression on a cylinder. I was told by ford that the 04 and 05 to 11 ranger engines are different so whats the difference cause they look identical. Are they interchangable cause we cant find many 03...
  5. ncsdaonex

94 Ford ranger power problems

So ive been driving my 94 ford ranger ext cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.0l, for about 4 months now. The truck was totaled a year ago when I got it, I pulled the entire truck apart, new frame and new front end and swapped it from auto to manual, heres a list of the only parts not installed in the truck -...
  6. ncsdaonex

Engine loses power after 5 minutes

I have a 94 ranger 4.0l, 5 speed 4x4, I bought the truck totaled and had a lot of trouble getting it running right, but its running pretty good now just seems weak after 5 min of driving, I tow with it and my other 4 cylinder ranger can pull my race car just as fast as it can so somethings wrong...
  7. ncsdaonex

04 ranger 2.3 dual cam new engine?

So my dad has a 2004 ranger 5 speed 2.3l dual cam, weve been trying to find a motor for it the last 2 years at junkyards with no luck seems like this engine is very hard to find, his still runs just is sluggish due to one cylinder having low compression, he fails emissions every year cause of...
  8. ncsdaonex

94 ranger 4.0l need a lower 1st gear trans

So I have a 1994 ford ranger ext cab, 5 speed 4x4 with 8.8, 4.0l v6 the one with the cam in the middle of the block. Now its running pretty good but I want to use it to tow my car but its 1st gear is just too tall I either ride the clutch bad or dump the clutch to pull out and spin the crap outa...
  9. ncsdaonex

blown headgasket?

So I have a 94 ranger 4.0 and ever since ive had it it burns about a quart of oil to 1500 miles but no blue smoke. It has white milky stuff on the underside of the oil cap but no where else. Drained the oil looks hood. But the truck smokes white smoke out the exhaust all the time. Thought it was...
  10. ncsdaonex

94 Ranger shuts off while driving

So I have a 1994 ford ranger which I recently repaired, was totalled, has new frame, new front end, wireing redone, swaped from auto tranny to manual. So heres what the truck is now a 1994 ranger 4.0L ext cab, 8.8 rear, 5 speed manual, 4x4 manual hubs. So my problem is ill be driving it and...
  11. ncsdaonex

Low range wont work

I have a 94 ranger 4.0 5 speed 4x4. I converted it from auto to manual tranny and 4x4 works fine but low range doesnt work when u press the button, is there and way to rewire it to make it work? Also this is a mazda tranny with push button 4x4
  12. ncsdaonex

bucking/stalling under any kind of load?

Ok I have a 94 ford ranger 4.0l v6 5 speed ext cab 4x4 ranger. Heres how this project started, bought the truck totalled, put another frame in it, then removed front end from cab and drilled out spot welds, replacing front end soon, next thing i converted it from automatic to manual, okay so...
  13. ncsdaonex

97 ranger drive shaft balanger came loose?

So i have a 97 ranger reg cab 5 speed 2.3l. And been hearing this noise for a week and finally realized the metal piece on the driveshaft thats molded to it wiith rubber deterated and was sliding around on the drive shaft bangin into my tranny. So I took the piece off and reinstalled the...
  14. ncsdaonex

97 ranger driveshaft balancer rotted off?

So I have 97 ranger reg cab, 5 speed 2.3, the round metal piece at the beginning of the driveshaft the rubber deterierated, to I took off that metal piece and put the driveshaft back on without it, it works fine, is this ok to do and wats the purpose of the piece?
  15. ncsdaonex

white foamy milk on oil cap?

I bought a wrecked truck and im not sure if the engine is ok. The raadiator has a hole in it. The oil cap has white foam on it like u see when oil and water mix. Also I added antifreeze and when it leaked out the radiator it was a bright whitish green so idk if the oil cap was just...
  16. ncsdaonex

swaping from auto to manual tranny

Okay what all is involved in this I have a 1994 ford ranger 4x4 4.0l v6 super cab automatic, I got a manual tranny, flywheel, and clutch, and slave cylinder at a junkyard out of a 1996 mazda b series truck 4x4 4.0l super cab, so i know i need the master cylinder, pedals for clutch, and use the...
  17. ncsdaonex

4.0L Transmission differences?

Okay my truck is auto and wanna make it 5 speed, its a 94 ranger 4x4 4.0L, are all 4.0L engines from 93 to 97 the same? And the tranny i found is a 2wd instead of 4wd, will the transfer case from the auto swap over?
  18. ncsdaonex

94 Ford Ranger Inerchanable frames?

I have a 94 ford ranger ext cab 6 ft bed 4x4, It has a bend frame, I need to find a frame for it so what year frames are the same? I found a 96 ranger 2wd ext cab 6 ft bed, will this frame work is there and difference in it being 2wd instead of 4x4?
  19. ncsdaonex

Tach does not function?

I did the ford explorer gauge cluster swap so my ranger has a tachometer. Everything functions properly except the tachometer. I think a wire was cut or something. Is there any way i can run a wire from the tach service connector under the hood to the guage cluster, if so i need wiring specs and...
  20. ncsdaonex

Headlight trim piece removal?

how does the black trim piece around the headlight come out? I have a 1990 ranger 2wd 4 cylinder 5 speed

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad