• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

Right on. Thanks.
  2. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

If I'd have known how simple it was to do I'd have had it done last January. I'll get out on the interstate and do some some miles to see just how close I got it. Sure glad I don't have to invest in bigger diameter tires.
  3. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

I figured it out! The problem with using the SCT Tuner was that I was using the wrong tire Rev's per mile. The SCT tuner isn't really designed for my Ranger (more for a Mustang) but it does work - to a point! I only used it to change the gear ratio, and left everything else as is - specifically...
  4. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

Ford says they can't do it. I didn't ask if they meant THEY, my local dealer, can't do it, or it can't be done, period. Next time I'm there I think I'll ask that! I may be flogging a dead horse.
  5. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

You are right, and I may need to do it again after new tires. But I pretty much know the problem. It's the solution I'm having trouble finding. The TruSpeed device worked perfectly on my '96 Ranger. One of Ford's "better ideas" seems to be making vehicles which can't be altered mechanically to...
  6. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

In my area the roads are quite twisty and mile markers aren't always present, or consistent when they are. Only place they are accurate and consistent is on the interstate - and I try to stay off that unless I absolutely must be on it.
  7. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

I have a GPS that measures miles and speed. But I'd prefer the gauges did it. The GPS only stores trip miles if I leave it plugged in, which is a drain on the battery.
  8. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

My gear change netted me a 3-4 MPG increase - and little loss of HP that I can tell. I'll sacrifice a bit of that for guage accuracy.
  9. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

My swap definately affected speedo/odo readings
  10. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

My idea, if i can't calibrate the Speedo/odo any other way, is to go from my present 235x75x15 to something with a bit larger circumference - figuring they will roll farther per revolution and get me closer to speedo/odo accuracy! The gear change netted me an average 3-4 MPG increase - or around...
  11. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

Its an automatic. No speedo gear. All electronic.
  12. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

I've read it comes from the OSS - output shaft speed sensor, or the ABS Sensor, or the rear axle speed sensor. I've tried each of those with no luck! I haven't tried the wss. But I haven't read anything to indicate they are the source. I'm thinking that larger dia. tires might do the job?
  13. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

I looked into that but it looks to be way over my head. Not to mention, I don't have a laptop - or a smart phone, for that matter. My tire size is OEM. It's the gears I've changed.
  14. Howdy Ranger fans. New member here.

I found your forum while searching for a way to calibrate the electronic Speedometer/odometer on my '09 ranger. I changed the gear ratio for better mileage and I expected to be able to re-calibrate the speedo/od to reflect the change, but so far no go. My previous truck was a '96 Ranger. On it I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad