• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. High engine idle

I recently replace the MAP sensor and hose and it runs good with correct engine idle till it gets up to operating temp and then it shoots up to 3000-3500 rpm’s. However yesterday I let it run and unplugged the egr valve (I think is what it’s called) that goes into like the throttle body and it...
  2. Vacuum issue with 89 Ranger 2.9l

I recently changed the PCV valve and grommet and now it is idling very high. I didn’t change the breather yet because it has not come in yet but I did change the grommet. I did not change the lines. I read that the PCV valve could be stuck open. However I put my old one back in it and it is...
  3. 2.9 to 4.0 swap

I have 1989 Ford Ranger 2.9l 4x4 5 speed. I was wondering how difficult it would be to swap to a 4.0l motor with the trans code D
  4. 2.9 starter grinding when cold outside

My 1989 ford ranger is starting to make a grinding noise when cooler outside but it turns right over. Having several problems out with starter grinding in last several months and this is the 2 starter in 5 months and 5th starter in 4 years and it’s getting old don’t know what else to do. Have...
  5. 1989 ford Ranger coil springs

Looking to replace my coil springs. What size springs would level out my front end? Thanks in advance.
  6. A noise that sounds like plastic rattling at highway speeds

I have a 1989 ford ranger 2.9l 4wd 5 speed and at like 60mph it makes a noise that sounds like plastic rattling in the front end but it’s not plastic. I thought it may be wheel bearings and checked those and they were shot so I replaced them and still having this problem. I believe my front...
  7. 2.9l starter problems

I have a 1989 ranger with a manual transmission and I have been going through starters like crazy. Realized the remanufactured starters bolt holes get wider when they are sand blasted so I bought a brand new one off the Internet and it did great for about three months but now it is making a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad