• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1987 Ranger 2.3 to 1991 4.0 Engine Swap.

I would've done that but I had sent my driveshaft to be repaired with the flange off the 91 and they welded it on and threw a ujoint on for it. When I got it back I noticed that it didn't fit the input shaft for the 87 rear diff. So I tried using the other input shaft from the 91 but it didn't...
  2. 1987 Ranger 2.3 to 1991 4.0 Engine Swap.

I've reached a point where I've got the 4.0 V6 pulled from the 91. I was sketching up a wiring diagram that converts the 2.3 to the 4.0 based off haynes drawings of the two. I was curious if any of you would give it a look and tell me if there's anything unnecessary or if there's something wrong...
  3. 1987 Ranger 2.3 to 1991 4.0 Engine Swap.

A little insight, I had snapped a Yoke flange when I got the 87 ranger, so I took the flange off the 91 ranger. The 91 ranger driveshaft was larger in diameter so I had adapt the input shaft to fit the Yoke Flange. You can see better what I mean in the photos. I think the 91 ranger driveshaft...
  4. 1987 Ranger 2.3 to 1991 4.0 Engine Swap.

I currently have a 1987 Ford Ranger with a 2.3 straight 4, EFI and 5 speed Manual, RWD. The engine started leaking oil bad and needed to be rebuilt, but I have a 1991 Ford Ranger with a 4.0 V6 EFI 5 speed Manual RWD, with a snapped Frame. I still need to test the 4.0 to be sure it's performing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad