• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger Pre runner brake help

I have an 86 ranger std cab 2.9l 2wd. Up front it has equal length beams from a 69 f-100 and at the moment until I can swap the knuckle for one that will allow disc brakes it has these enormous drums on it. Im hoping to drive it for a bit while i save some money and gather more parts. Problem is...
  2. 86 ranger equal length build

Hey guys, I havent posted on here in ages since I havent done much work on the 92 street rod in a while but I have been chipping away at my other truck, an 86 ranger xl 2.9l 2wd. Looking to build a pre runner style truck that will be functional but at the same time driveable on the streets and...
  3. Truck sat for a year, won't start

I just finished lifting my 86 ford ranger 2wd, It has a 2.9 litre and a 5 spd. When I tried to start it there was just a loud rapid clicking noise so i charged the battery and tried again, same thing, I have tapped the started as well as pulled it off and inspected the flywheel with no luck...
  4. equal length beams, meet Mr. engine crossmember

I've been in the process of starting a pre runner build. its a 2wd 86 ranger. I'm using the equal length beam setup of a 69 ford f-100. I got all the old tib stuff out and started to mock up the equal length beam so I could check for clearances and start to modify any mounting brackets before i...
  5. trans issues please help!

I have an 86 ranger 2.9 2wd with a 5 speed and 170,000 km's. yeasterday i drove about a 70 km trip just to the next city and it semmed fine the entire drive until i actually made it to the city and got to stop and go traffic, i Have to be on the gas when im in gear no matter how fast im going if...
  6. no dash lights 86 ranger

everythign else works, all the gauges work everything, when they stopped working however i also lost my horn so i checked the fuse box and there were 2 blow fuses, i replaced both and the horn came back but the dash lights still wont come on, all the gauges headlights and taillights work fine...
  7. used search no luck, head unit issues

so im putting a din style hu into my 84 ranger, i just made little mountain brackets for it, when i got into the wiring it made no sense to me all the wires were completely random colors, the ground wire was a baby blue! It is the style with two 3 1/2 inch speakers in the dash and there were...
  8. escape throttle body mod gone worng

I swapped a 98 upper intake manifold onto my 92 ranger and installed a 60mm throttle body off a 2001 escape duratec 3.0. none of these problems existed before the swap but as soon as i was done the swap i went to start it up and it wouldnt start unless i stomped on the gas, it was idling fine...
  9. need some help

So I have a 92 with the 3.0l and I've finally gathered the parts to install a 60mm tb off a duratec 3.0. I have the upper intake off a 98 3.0 and the tb came off an 01 escape. The problem is there is nowhere to put the iac and iat sensors on this new intake:dunno: . for the iat I know I can just...
  10. 18yrs old first project

i figured i've gotten some decent work done by now so i miht as well start up my own build thread. Only experience i have is highschool auto an what i've learned here from trs so i pretty much just wing every thing and she how it turns out and learn as i go. This is my first vehicle, 92 ford...
  11. 3.0 mech oil pressure gauge

just got a mech oil pressure gauge for my 92 ranger 3.0 and i've never installed any gauges before so im just wondering where i tap into the block. I tried the search but couldn't find anything for the 3. sorry if its been gone over and thanks for any help:dunno:
  12. quick one for you photoshop masters

just wanted the front bumper and valence painted to match the truck and doesnt really matter but if its easy enough get rid of the canopy too thanks!
  13. hid conversion

i got an hid conversion kit for my truck on of th dual beam kits, wired it all up and everything works great excapt its backwards, my highs are my lows and my lows are my high beams lol. has anyone else installed one of these kits and have any idea which wires im going to have to swap?? thanks
  14. vaccuum hoses on airbox

I have 2 extra little vaccuum hoses on the factory airbox on my 92 ranger 3.0. Just wondering what I will do with them if I am to install an intake kit or open air filter. thanks,
  15. I got a little ridiculous

a while ago i bought a deck and 4 alpine type x's from a buddy for 100 bucks, pretty dam good deal, i was wantin a litle more bass though and im driving a 92 ranger ex. cab so i had lots of room to work with. Another friend of mine was selling his polk audio subs with the box. they are 2 12's so...
  16. 92 throttle body

i pulled the intake off my 92 today and since its one piece with my throttle body i was wondering if anyone knew of maybe a later model ford wiyh a less restrictive tb/intake that would bolt right on or whee i could find a new aftermarket intake hat will fit. thanks
  17. Ran without coolant

Last night driving home all of a sudden my heater started blowing cold, i was onlt maybe a mile or 2 from my house so i just kept driving, as i pulled into my subdivision i could see some smoke coming out from under the hood so i shut the engine off and coasted into my driveway, one of the...
  18. truck wont start

my truck hasnt been wanting to start since it has gotten really cold in the last couple days, when i try to get it going the starter trys to turn it over but it does really slow and not even a full turn over then it just starts making a racket, like a very rapid clicking noise. thanks...
  19. help me decide

I have a 1992 ford ranger 2wd and i am trying to decide whether to rebuild the stock 3l v6 that is in it at the moment or I was thinking i could just go to my local pick and pull and try to find a 4l SOHC v6 out of an explorer, im hoping to get approx 300hp out of this build. which do you think...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad