• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. stroked88ranger

My 2.9 to 4.0 swap.

The donor vehicle and the process of removing the engine. I had to use a different block because the number 3 cylinder lost a bearing. I did use the remaining parts though. I picked up the explorer for 500 bucks. Not bad in my opinion.
  2. stroked88ranger

My 2.9 to 4.0 swap.

This is the donor engine I got from another guy off Craigslist for trading him some tools. In the previous pic of the blue ranger you can see all the parts I got from the deal... This engine sat for about a year before I did anything to it.
  3. stroked88ranger

My 2.9 to 4.0 swap.

Ok, so the two pictures below are the start of the reason why I decided to put my 88 ranger back on the road. I had posted my 90 ranger on Craigslist for sale or trade for something similar in value and A guy replied to my ad saying he had a gokart to trade. He thought to himself "this guy...
  4. stroked88ranger

My 2.9 to 4.0 swap.

Here is the story of my 2.9 to 4.0 swap. I plan on going pretty in depth with the issues I had come across to help a fellow RBV enthusiast out in order to alleviate some of the hassle that I dealt with. Comments and $.02, very welcome as well as opinions. :icon_welder:
  5. stroked88ranger

Full width dana 60

I take it those are the ones you used?
  6. stroked88ranger

Full width dana 60

Anyone have any info/ $.02/ knowledge about attaching coilovers to full width dana 60 with the pumpkin closer to the drivers knuckle? The ideas i have for link brackets and a upper link brace Im not really happy with. Any feedback would help.
  7. stroked88ranger

Coilovers (front) leafs(rear)

Hey guys, do ya'll know, roughly, what a ranger weighs in at in the front with a 351w? Im tryin to figure out the spring rates i need when i get my coilovers. I dont want the ride to be too stiff or have the front end sag when i let down the front end.
  8. stroked88ranger

Please post your axle photos..........

Just waiting to come back from iraq so i can prep my truck to put these bad boys in...
  9. stroked88ranger

351W in 88 Ranger

I picked up an 88 f-250 with the 351 5spd trans, not sure what t-case is yet. Have to get under it to I.D. it. I also got some dana 60s off craigslist im putting under my ranger, im running these axles full width attatched to 38 inch meats with leafs in the rear and a 3 link in the front.. I...
  10. stroked88ranger

2.9L v6 to 5.8L v8 fuel pumps

Hey anyone, I looked in the search on this website and didnt find anything regarding fuel pump usage with a 351w. Is the stock fuel pump for the puny 2.9 too small to push fuel to the 5.8? I know the fuel pump is inside the fuel tank on my donor truck. I'm sure the fuel pump on my ranger is on...
  11. stroked88ranger

Dana 44ttb/ Dana50ttb

ok cool, thanks ill message ya if i run into anythings that confuse me with this deal.
  12. stroked88ranger

Dana 44ttb/ Dana50ttb

Ok cool, i think i got it. I have until i go on leave after my deployment so it will be SEVERAL months, so i can plan everything out i need to and when the time comes, i will be more knowledgeable on the deal. If i run into anything or think of anything else, do you mind if I PM ya bobbywalter?
  13. stroked88ranger

Dana 44ttb/ Dana50ttb

One thing i failed to mention is im using the skyjacker 6" coils for an f-150 and the ranger drop brackets. 6" also.
  14. stroked88ranger

Dana 44ttb/ Dana50ttb

Thats the thing i was talking about, conflicting stories. Its confusing. Its a Dana 50TTB 8 lug, leaf sprung. Father in law and i are converting to coil. Im using drop brackets so i dont feel the need to lengthen the beams on the ball joint side. How much different are the 50 beams. I guess...
  15. stroked88ranger

Dana 44ttb/ Dana50ttb

What i was asking is, how much do i need to lengthen the traction beams and do i need to lengthen BOTH of them? I heard a lot of different things. I hear you are the "man" to talk to when it comes to this stuff 4x4junkie.
  16. stroked88ranger

Dana 44ttb/ Dana50ttb

Hey everyone, I have a Dana50TTB out of a 250hd and i was wondering, with all the different things ive heard on lengthening the beams, how many inches do i need to extend the beam to make it the original full-size axle, and do i have to need to extend BOTH beams? I love this site, but i hear...
  17. stroked88ranger

Dana 28TTB & Dana 44 TTB differences

:icon_confused:Does anyone know the size difference, if any, on the pivot points on both of the axles where they connect under the engine?
  18. stroked88ranger

Leaf Springs for a 6" lift on my ranger

Does anyone know where I could get JUST the leaf springs that would lift my ranger rear end 6"? I looked at some websites, but none specified if they were of the 6" lift. And im not sure if skyjacker sells JUST the rear springs. :icon_thumby: Any ideas?
  19. stroked88ranger

Ranger 351C swap with drivetrain

Ok I am in the process of purchasing an 85 F-250 with 351C. I am taking the Engine, Tranny, t-case, and both axles and putting them under my 88 Ranger. Im aware of some clearance issues with the engine, but does anyone know how much more lift if any the F-250 springs will have over the stock...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad