• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

Here's one for the electricians the butt connector I had on my alternator kept coming loose so I rigged this dumb little connection up. I'm gonna wrap it in electrical tape before I take it anywhere but I wanted to show it off before that
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

So this fuel line was torn off at the front, this is hose that runs between the filter and the intake, It wouldn't seat right because the other end is still on the intake. Tomorrow when I find my heat gun I'm gonna cut the old end off melt the end of this hose and slide it on then put a hose...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

I did get it there is a lot of useful info in here think my problem RN is that my gas return line isn't hooked up yet and my timing is off by like a whole cycle Anyway here's some screenshots that I wish I'd been able to find sooner sharing is caring
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

I imagine a 97 would be a bit different yea
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

Oh typo XD no it's An 87
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

I'm thinking about buying a repair manual online I can't find an 88 manual but I got an 87 that should be fine
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

Should probably make a note to put clamps on some of the hoses that don't have them. .. Fuel filter needs a clip As does the the oil air separator, And the fuel line pay still have a leak I gotta remember to sacrifice a goat Maybe I should clean the carbon can Oh and I gotta reconnect that...
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

Thank you I'm almost done, just gotta find out where this last hose goes, then put back the loose bits radiator a bracket and so final bolts on the manifolds. The. Oil and coolant and I can do a test run Then I gotta get to timing it And fix the headlamps I accidentally burned out
  9. HELP vacuum hoses 1988 2.3

I know this is a dead thread but does anyone have those photos still????
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

Anyone know what goes here? Is this the heater hose or is it something else
  11. 2.0L ('83-'88) Coolant hose to intake

Does it look like this?
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

Yea..i'td be easier for sure
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

Goodnotes good notes That's mentioned that I really got to remember to put coolant and oil in it 😜 And the filter Right so I didn't so much this last couple days Had other battles to fight But I've narrowed it down. To finding where a few pages go And finishing touches
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

Alrighty What's left I got the manifolds bolted on but I'm missing a few bolts on both sides gotta remember to do that Uper and lower intake is reattached but I gotta figure out what hoses go where and plugs go where I've got the pullys all in there right spots and I need to throw the belts...
  15. Love my 88 ranger

Hey j I'm up on the north end. I found a couple of places selling parts but I ended up just shelling out for a new-ish head. If it works itll be worth it,
  16. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

I'm fixing up my 88 ranger. 2.3 2wd with almost no mechanical experience at all. What could go wrong. This truck got me through some hard times and I wanna get it working again. In part for sentimental reasons and in part because I want the know how. Not asking for help at the moment though...
  17. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 cylinder head replacement options

Ya I'm not in a hurry I'm still Shopping around for a replacement
  18. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 cylinder head replacement options

Yea... That's what I was worried about Well thanks Is the manifold completely unfit? Can I get the head modified or get some kind of adapter for it? I can see the intake is pretty much completely different but I read that it's doable. (I just couldn't find any kits to do it) As for the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad