• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Amateur hour 2.3

I'm fixing up my 88 ranger. 2.3 2wd with almost no mechanical experience at all. What could go wrong. This truck got me through some hard times and I wanna get it working again. In part for sentimental reasons and in part because I want the know how. Not asking for help at the moment though...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 cylinder head replacement options

I got an 88 ranger 2.3 I'm trying to fix Heads cracked 4 plug 2.3s are getting harder to find I can buy a rebuild for 7-8 hundred I can get a new bare head for 400, using that and the parts for the old one I imagine I can have it rebuilt. I'm also looking at alternatives. An 8 plug head from 89...
  3. Love my 88 ranger

Rolled my old Monte Carlo 30 feet down a wash. Found myself homeless and broke in the middle of Utah 2k miles from home. bought my 88 2.3 from a junker that fixed it up for a friend who left it with him. Came with a toolbox and I found a camper shell for it a week later. Stayed in Utah working...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad