• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mixwell

No electrical power at all unless disconecting battery ?

Hey my 2001 3.0 ranger recently has no power at all when I went out to start it so I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and reconnected it and the dome light works and I have juice until I go to crank it all the power is killed again. The posts are clean and there is no corrosion...
  2. mixwell

Coolant temp sensor.. which one ?

I've been trying to locate a coolant leak which I have found but I am unsure which of the 2 in this photo is the coolant temp sensor.. I believe it's the one on the left with a red connector and if so is the one on the right the temp reader for my dash gauge ? I'm confused.. Thanks.. Here...
  3. mixwell

Name that part 2001 Ranger 3.0

I have a pin hole from what I think is the temp sensor ? Anyways could love for someone to tell me what it is, that's where ive seem to have been lose all my coolant Thanks in advance
  4. mixwell

Engine bogging down knock sound.

On the way to work today I noticed as I started to give my truck gas to speed up on the main street my truck started bogging down and lost a lot of power almost as if it were being choked. I just noticed yesterday that my temp gauge will go up close to hot and then drop drastically and then...
  5. mixwell

Burning up a lot of oil or just paranoid ?

Okay I have a 2001 ranger and it appears that about every 2-3 weeks I have to drop about 1 quart in it to get it back to full but I am wondering if this is normal on higher mile rangers ? I say higher mile when i quote my odo at 105,000 which really isn't that high.. I have 0 leaks under the...
  6. mixwell

Engine "sputter" at low RPMs ??

I will try to make it short and simple.. Okay basically I got new tires on my 2001 Ford Ranger this weekend and the guy at the shop was telling me I appeared to have a misfire...(I'm HOPING/thinking a faulty spark plug) when the engine is at idle id is smooth as can be but giving it light gas...
  7. mixwell

3.0 flashing o/d light hard shift to 2nd

For the past month now my overdrive light flashes and my transmission is very rough going into second gear. If I have the gas pedal down further it just goes up to red line almost and I have to let off the gas before it will switch. Once I get into 2nd it shifts alright from there on out. If...
  8. mixwell

4.0 to v8 project on Spike TV Trucks!

I was watching Trucks! earlier today and they were discussing some up coming projects and one is to swap a 4.0 with a V8.. They mentioned TRS which I thought was pretty cool.. Can't wait to check it out when it airs.
  9. mixwell

Nissan Titan crush

I thought this video was one of the sickest Nissan Titan videos I've seen.. This truck is nice you have to admit.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uduGSR6YsXg&feature=related
  10. mixwell

My co-workers ranger and mine.

The lifted ranger is my co-workers and mine is the stock ranger.. I think its the angle of the picture but his truck looks huge compared to mine. I believe he has a 3" lift on his with 33s from what I recall.
  11. mixwell

What do you all think about this ?

I've really been debating on whether or not to get a project vehicle when I receive my income tax check I have SHOULD have about $1000 to spend (although I SHOULD pay my credit card debt off but at this point I feel like I'd rather have something to show for spending money than paying debt) and...
  12. mixwell

grinding sound type noise when accelerating

My co-worker has a 02 focus and when she accelerates her car it almost sounds like a rotor rubbing noise.. When she gets up to speed it goes away and when in park and she revs the engine it doesn't produce that noise. The odd thing is you cannot hear the noise from outside the car, only the...
  13. mixwell

Starting issues ? Sounds weak ?

Ok this is about a Toyo Corolla that is my bosses car.. She said she thought her starter was going out but after work I went out to the car with her and it sounds like the battery is just weak to me. after a few weakend cranks the car starts up fine.. I told her I was pretty sure the battery...
  14. mixwell

Sputtering sound ?

I have been noticing lately that when I am stopped and go to accelerate in my ranger it sounds like it kinda cuts out and in. its almost as if the exhaust is sputtering like normal acceleration, then cut out, then normal again really quick.. Once I get up and going it is fine but every Time I...
  15. mixwell

Introducing: The 1972 Ford Pinchero

Tell me this isn't bad arse !! Found this video on youtube.. If you search "Ford Pinchero" you can find it.. Funny thing is if you speak spanish the name "Pinchero" would be kinda a funny name for the car AKA the Ford F**ker :headbang:
  16. mixwell

How To: rims..

Just had a quick question on how to prep/paint chrome rims to black ? I have What I believe to be chrome/chrome plated rims and would like to paint them black. My truck is all black with dark tint and I would like to paint the rims black. I do have an angle grinder, sand paper and figured if...
  17. mixwell

down pipe after muffler or full exhaust ?

Currently running flowmaster muffler with full exhaust that exits behind the rear tire.. My question is if I cut off about 8" after the muffler and run a down pipe to exit away from the frame/body would I result in any sound difference? I was thinking of trying to change things up as I've had...
  18. mixwell

Finally decided to...

Decided to wash the truck today since its been about 2 months+ since the last wash.. Quick wash with no wax.. Stock 2001 3.slow.. nothing special... After seeing the seemingly pre-molded slots for some lights where the plastic is below the bumper maybe I might add some lights for the hell of...
  19. mixwell

Not bad for my first "truck" @ 17 years old.

This was my first vehicle ever back in 2000 I think (Senior year) ? I was 17. 1972 Ranchero with 351C if I remember correct. I got my Ranger, decided I didnt need 2 vehicles and my dad sold the Chero to his friend for $1700... Wish I had $2000 to offer a buy back as it has sat in his yard for...
  20. mixwell

Blue crust around + battery post ??

I cleaned my battery posts a while back in Dec 08 but today noticed there is now blue build up around the post ? I added some oil on Friday and didn't notice the buildup but today I noticed it (Don't think I payed attention as it could've been there before) Any idea what causes this ? Only...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad