• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2wd or Awd Expo donor for my '99 4wd

I read all the articles and threads I could find on trannies but couldn't find the exact answer. I have a '99 4.0l 4wd auto and planning to swap in an explorer 5.0l and the 4r70w auto tranny. One of the tech library articles used a 2wd expo tranny, the second tech lib article list using an awd...
  2. Anyone convert RABS to 4WABS

I've got RABS on my '99 4.0 4x4 and want to convert to 4WABS. I have access to an '99 explorer chassis that I can raid for the parts. Has anyone actually done this before or is it not possible?
  3. Anyone with an FX4 Level II 3.25" axle and sway bar?

I am having a hard time find the correct factory part number for the rear sway bar bracket on a 2002 FX4 level II. Spoken to several dealer parts departments and they are polite but do not have any idea about what is on the FX4 Level II, they all give me the number for the smaller 3" axle not...
  4. Explorer 8.8 axle swappers What sway bar and shock mount did you use?

Finally going to start my explorer rear axle swap, but looking for some info concerning the choice of sway bars and shock mounts. I have searched and read everything I found on sway bars and shock mounts but couldn't find an answer. I do not have the explorer crossmember so I cannot mount...
  5. 1999 PVH to Explorer live axle questions

I just replaced my '94 TTB truck with a '99 IFS truck and I am not happy with the PVH hubs on my '99 and reading the forum I've got three options: 1) modify my current PVH hubs to permanent lock or push to lock. 2) convert to AVM manual locking hubs 3) swap in 95+ explorer live axles and...
  6. 1998 or 2000 Factory Manual is closer to my 1999

I have a 1999 4x4 and am looking for a set of used factory manuals. Can't find a set for 1999, but I did find 1998 and 2000. I don't think much changed between those years. Anybody know for a fact if either the 1998 or 2000 will work for me? I am leaning towards the 1998.
  7. Question for '98+ who have done the Explorer axle swap

I just replaced my wrecked '94 with a '99 4.0L 4x4 RABS not 4WABS and I want to swap in an Explorer rear axle. I have a question for those with a 98+ ranger that have actually done the Explorer axle swap, if I match up with my current 3.73 front ratio will any 95+ year 3.73 Explorer work? I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad