• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cranks, no spark no fuel

OK it's not urgent urgent. Just wouldn't mind some opinions if anybody's got the time. Kid's 94 Ranger 4x4 - lifted 4" 33 12.50's 4.0 auto. Had a problem with no crank. Changed the starter, no help. Changed the starter feed cables. Now it cranks fine, won't fire. Fuel pump won't prime, no spark...
  2. Manual hub lockwasher problem

Hi guys, having a problem with the '94 (dana 35) locknuts on the manual hubs.Switched it to manual hubs about 2 1/2 yrs ago. After adjusting the bearing preload (to specs), we install the lockwasher onto the pin and install the 2nd locknut but can only tighten to about 100 ft lbs - then the...
  3. 2007 fx4 front bumper

My son just bounced his front bumper off someone's trailer hitch. Going to shop for used parts. Does anyone know what years/models match up ? His is a 2007 fx4.
  4. Will F150 driveshaft work with Ranger ?

Don't know if anybody's already done this but - we've got a '94 Ranger ext cab 4x4 w/ a4ld auto and 8.8 - want to go to 1 piece d/shaft. It happens that I'm tearing apart a '96 f150 2wd (4r70w w/8.8 diff) with a nice beefy aluminum d/shaft. We have access to a shop that builds/ modifies...
  5. Will 4.o & trans fit if put in in one piece ?

Hi guys, Doing an engine swap on a 94 ext cab 4x4. Pulled the motor & trans today, putting in the new ones tomorrow. What I'm wondering is if anyone has tried putting the motor & trans together in through the engine bay ? Will it fit? I suppose that the proper way is engine thru the top and...
  6. Need help identifying F250 Driveline

Hi guys, could use a little help w/ ID'ing some things. I bought an '87 F250 4x4(not quite sure why - it was there). This truck was never registered for the road as it was equipped and sold as "farm machinery" . Pretty HD looking driveline, I'm trying to figure out what everything is so I can...
  7. 97 doors on a 94 ?

Hi guys. I got a set of mint 97 manual doors here that I want to put on a 94. They're even the same colour (black), so it would work real nice. Problem is that all the info I can find says ranger doors from 95 to 05 are a match. Before I start pulling doors off to try, does anyone know why 97...
  8. 4.0 Engine Wiring Harness (Simplified)

Hi Guys - first time I popped the hood on a '94 Ranger and looked at the huge mass of wires leading to the engine I found the whole thing a little intimidating looking. Actually though, it's a pretty simple, if well designed system. Currently we're getting a rebuilt 4.0 ready to drop in and part...
  9. How do you attach a picture ?

Hi guys, I took a couple pictures of my 94 4.0 engine wiring harnesses - they're rewrapped with colour coding - I think they might take the confusion out for a lot of guys, but I can't figure out how to attach a picture to a thread. Or is there an email address I can send it to and you guys can...
  10. a4ld wiring identification

Hoping maybe someone knows this. 93 4.0 wiring, I've got a 8 wire plug at the back of the engine. 5 of the wires I've identified as going to the neutral start switch. I have 3 wires left unidentified - red w/ tan stripe, tan w/ red stripe & blue w/ yellow stripe. Anybody know where these are...
  11. A4LD servo placement

Hi guys, wondering if someone with a little trans knowledge can help out here. "somebody" took out the servos on my '89 A4LD to get new ones but forgot to mark what camer out of which hole. Ive got an AB and a BB, a Big spring and a smaller spring. Best as I can figure out, the AB (bigger...
  12. MAF plugged in starts and dies, unplugged it runs

Hi guys, got a little problem I could use some input on. - '94 ranger xlt s/cab 4x4 auto; starts great dies in seconds. Unplug the maf starts and idles but won't rev up. Original maf, 1 known to be working used maf and a brand new one - same thing. plugs, wires, fuel pump and fuel filter all...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad