• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 94 & 96 4.0 auto trans interchangeable?

from what i can see in the tech page both years should be a 4r55e? i found a rebuilt that i woul like to pick up. i believe that i'm losing my converter, front pump, or flywheel. i got 25k out of a separator plate gasket & shift repair kit and it still runs good. but to pull it apart again...
  2. upper egr seal and o-ring

i have a vacuum leak at my intake plenum & upper egr tube. i tore the heavy o-ring that only comes with a new upper tube. i can get the upper seal at a local dealer for under $9. i tried the best fit o-ring and rtv friday night @6pm but after a few days it was leaking again. any ideas for...
  3. new thermostat, why flucuating temperature?

i changed my thermostat to a ford unit with the BB in it. i get plenty of heat but the temperature doesn't stay constant? has the system just not purged itself yet?
  4. rough idle 96 4.0

can i retorque my lower intake without disassembling the upper? i haven't put alot of time into the truck yet. i had another 4.0 that idled rough also. i want this fixed because its a really nice truck i just grabbed for a good deal. i know it can be solved i've maf clean, plugs... icm? need to...
  5. 97 4.0 runs crappy until warmed up

its like its carbeurated until its warms up. never seen a fuel injecte engine run like this. it stumbles & stutters until it warms up. runs good after that. its got 44k original on it.:dunno:
  6. where to find engine vibration damper?

part number fotz-6f085-a the shock absorber that attaches the engine to the left outside frame rail. it has been discontinued an not on ford parts locator. one dealer told me to take it off and match it up with something at a local parts store. anybody try this? someone on this board wrote that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad