• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Aragorn

Gear check up

So, if anyone recalls, I installed an 8.8 axle into my Ranger that I had installed 4.10 gears into. I did this in June 2006. There has not been any noise or problems with the install. Today, I removed the cover to check on things and replace the gear oil. Below are the pics and I was pleased...
  2. Aragorn

What is the part attached to top of fuel tank?

My '86 2.9L leaks fuel when the tank is full and parked front-down on a slope. The leak is coming from a bad gasket around a part that I have no clue what it is. It's in the hole in front of the sending unit hole. The only connection on it is a plastic tube that appears to be part of the...
  3. Aragorn

1986 Ignition Switch Replacement

I have an 86 2.9L. The truck mysteriously would not crank yesterday. After pulling the steering column covers, I noticed the plastic part of the ignition switch was about to fall out of the rest of it. My question is, how do you secure the new ignition switch to the steering column after...
  4. Aragorn

cooling system questions

I have an 86 2.9 w/o AC. A week ago, it overheated. The thermostat had gone bad (it was literally in pieces). I replaced that with an OE 195 degree and replaced the antifreeze. All was well the first few times driving it. Now, the temp gauge is reading normal, but smoke is coming from the...
  5. Aragorn

Gen 1 lock problems

Hey, I'm having some issues with my driver side lock. First, on occasion, the lock post will not go down. It is like something is catching that shouldn't in the door. I have to slam the door then reopen it or just whack the door panel to get it free to push it down. Second, the key does...
  6. Aragorn

OLD pic of my truck and wife

Just posting this one to see if any interest is there for newer ones. This is the first time I've looked through my pictures and was very disappointed my truck hasn't been shot since 2005. I know the paint is horrible, but the girl's the best one I've seen posted yet (no bias of course. haha)...
  7. Aragorn

Starting problems and cutting out

86 2.9: My 2.9 recently has been hard to start. It cranks fine and sounds like it always has when you turn the key, but once you let go, it dies. It usually takes between 2 and 4 cranks and then it just decides to work. The scary part is, on occasion the engine will suddenly cut out. It has...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad