• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MrShanks2U

Tach bouncing around

The tach in my truck has been bouncing around like crazy for about a week now. It keeps moving around between the actual RPMs and 0. There is no actual change in the RPMs while it is doing this, and there is no change in the way the truck drives...so I don't think its the IAC. It just bounces...
  2. MrShanks2U

What should I check next?

My truck has been making this noise for a couple months now. It sounds like popcorn popping. It's a different sound from the pinging sound that I took care of a few years ago. It's lower pitched and not as fast. My truck only does this while driving it. Revving the engine in neutral, it...
  3. MrShanks2U

Need help ID'ing a sound...

Ignore the video part...it was dark outside. Its the rattling noise. This video was shot from underneath my truck, parallel to the muffler. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISIx6m4bO68 {wait for it...}
  4. MrShanks2U

Need help finding bug shield clips

One of the clips went AWOL from my truck. Now the bug shield claps something horrible against the hood of my truck. I can't seem to find a "mounting kit" or just the plain old clip. Just curious if anyone here might know where I could find one.
  5. MrShanks2U

Another rookie A/C question...sorry

A/c systems go right under transmissions on my list of "I'm not effin' with that!" With that said, sorry if all this seems redundant. I've noticed lately that my compressor clutch has been engaging/disengaging more frequently than normal and the sound has gotten considerably louder. The...
  6. MrShanks2U

Alternator questions

A few days ago I noticed that my battery light would come on and my voltmeter would die whenever I got above 3500 RPMs. Last time this happened, it was my alternator. I took the alternator off and had it tested at Advance Auto. They said it was charging fine. One thing I noticed is that the...
  7. MrShanks2U

Rear hub play...Bad bearing?

The other day, I took the brake drum off of the driver side of my truck. I was getting a look at everything that I'm going to be up against in a couple days. While looking over everything, I noticed that the hub had a slight amount of in/out play in it. Nothing major, just noticeable. Once I...
  8. MrShanks2U

Radiator leak? Questions....

About 2 weeks ago I flushed my cooling system out and replaced the radiator cap. I replaced the cap because I noticed that whenever I removed it, there was never any built up pressure in the system. The new cap worked great for about a week. For about the last week, I've noticed that there...
  9. MrShanks2U

cleaning wheel bearings

The Haynes manual says to clean out the old wheel bearings with solvent before repacking them with new grease. Is brake parts cleaner acceptable to use for this?
  10. MrShanks2U

Question about backflushing the heater core

There are 2 hoses coming from the firewall...one goes into the t-stat housing and the other goes to the top of the water pump. Which one do I disconnect and reconnect to a garden hose? Am I correct in that both need to be disconnected...one reconnects to the garden hose and the other is used...
  11. MrShanks2U

Question before I start working on the cooling system...

I have to replace my water pump and t-stat this weekend. My question is, do I need to have my air conditioning system discharged before I start this work? Thanks in advance.
  12. MrShanks2U

O'Reilly/Brakebest parts

Anyone ever use O'Reilly's brand of brake parts? I need to replace the drums and shoes and the O'Reilly brand parts are low cost. Does this mean that they are low quality? For those who have used them or are currently using them, how do they hold up?
  13. MrShanks2U

201,xxx miles and my luck finally ran out....(pics)

My truck finally developed her first leak. No complaint here though, because this truck has been more than amazing. 201,xxx miles and she is finally starting to give in just a little bit. Now I just gotta find out where this is coming from.
  14. MrShanks2U

Can someone identify this trailer hitch?

Bought this trailer hitch the other day. I don't know if this is possible, but could someone tell me who the manufacturer might be and what the weight capacities may be for it? Thanks in advance!
  15. MrShanks2U

Valley Hitches....why so cheap?

http://www.innerauto.com/store/?N=0&Nr=AND(make:Ford,model:Ranger,year:2007,brand:Valley,sku:V1181620,part:Hitch)&ref=S1161368748W453914ac6fba6 What gives? Is this a typo or am I not reading this listing correctly? I'm seeing a multi-fit, Class IV hitch, all 3 pieces.....for $21.36.
  16. MrShanks2U

HELP...truck won't start

The last few days, my truck has been struggling to start. It would run fine once it started. I replaced the battery because last time my truck was acting like this, the battery was the culprit. Also, the battery hasn't been replaced in many years, so I figured I would just go ahead and replace...
  17. MrShanks2U

Claiming an abandoned vehicle

Does anyone know the process on claiming an abandoned vehicle that is parked in an apartment parking lot? The vehicle in question has been sitting in the parking lot for nearly 10 months and has not moved. I think that the owner of the vehicle was evicted from the apartment complex and just...
  18. MrShanks2U

so....(pics)

About a week ago, I was driving down the road thinking "man my truck is handling like sh_t!" I made a note to myself to check it out when I had a chance. So I finally got out there today to check it out and.... driver side passenger side Due to the fact that I can't find any sway bar link...
  19. MrShanks2U

Interesting find!

So...I was at my local scrap yard today with a friend of mine. I was searching the lot for rangers and b-series so that I could hopefully find a trailer hitch. Well, while walking around, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. An SHO. Instinctively, I walked over to investigate...all...
  20. MrShanks2U

trailer hitch question

To those of you who have trailer hitches....do any of y'all know the thickness of the steel mounting brackets that attach to your frame?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad