• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What's this AC component?

So I screwed in a fine thread sae bolt with some pipe sealer and that seems to have stopped it. On the low side I'll try a bolt with teflon tape and see if I can get through the rest of the summer.
  2. What's this AC component?

I put a couple cans of stop leak and another can of 134a and got it blowing cold then it leaked down within a couple hours. So I dribbled some oil in the schrader valve on the high side and found the leak. Pretty much what I figured.
  3. What's this AC component?

We don't have Menards around here but I used to buy Super Tech for the same reason you buy the FVP: it's cheap and plentiful. Now that I know it's also the best I keep a large stock of it and stopped caring about the price. Usually when I find something good they stop making it lol I have a...
  4. What's this AC component?

I usually avoid the CRC stuff. I always use Super Tech but during the covid lunacy I was forced to find another brand of brake cleaner which led me to this product and somewhat of an education: https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B085F3CWGY/2/ref=ask_ql_psf_ql_hza How does this compare...
  5. What's this AC component?

Ok I looked at the MSDS for 4 different AC flushes. 3 are heptane and propanol. The 4th added toluene. https://www.rockauto.com/genImages/1063/UAC_FlashFlush_22762.pdf https://www.rockauto.com/genImages/577/8011256.pdf https://www.rockauto.com/genImages/52/69991_sds_en.pdf (<--- isomers of...
  6. What's this AC component?

Maybe the cans aren't really 12 oz? Wouldn't surprise me in this age of shrink-flation lol When I used the old cans one was enough. After they switched to the new cans I needed two. I figured my system was leaking more but maybe they put less in the cans or the cans leak. Someone told me...
  7. What's this AC component?

I was wondering about that but wasn't sure. I bought the kit with compressor, a mess of o-rings, orifice tube, and drier. I have the cheapo one. Actually I have the tap for the old style cans that puncture and don't reseal, but I don't have a tap for the new cans. I guess I'll do it like you...
  8. What's this AC component?

Oh! Well how hard is it to get to it? If I can get to it shouldn't I just replace it?
  9. What's this AC component?

Do you really think I need solvent instead of just blowing compressed air through? I've never really seen solvent clean anything without scrubbing. Sometimes brake cleaner will blast things clean but that's toluene sprayed directly on the dirt like a pressure washer. Speaking of brake...
  10. What's this AC component?

I wonder if pulling the vacuum is what did the seal in. What more tools are needed? I bought the orifice tube puller, vac pump, and gauge set. I already have the AC/fuel line disconnecter things. I have everything 10x over to work on engines. If I buy more tools I'll have to build a new...
  11. What's this AC component?

That's about where I'm at from looking at the outside of it. The accumulator is so rusty it looks like I could crush it like a beer can. But it does work and blows cold. I just need to keep feeding it cans. A charge used to last a couple weeks but now it's down to a day or a few hours. I...
  12. What's this AC component?

Well, I read that all the AC systems after 1996 have the parallel flow that can't be flushed so I decided to get the condenser. And I decided to get the other hose. May as well get both pressure switches too. And instead of figuring out some way to draw a vacuum I decided to get the pump...
  13. What's this AC component?

I don't know. If I look at it is it obvious whether it's one continuous tube or many parallels? I can go out and look. I haven't taken it apart yet. But I figured if the old compressor still works then the new one should work. I still need to read a lot and watch a lot of videos before I...
  14. What's this AC component?

You think I need a new condenser? I really didn't want to tear out the radiator. I figure if the compressor on it now is good then the old condenser shouldn't hurt the new compressor. Is my reasoning no good? I'm open to being convinced but desperately trying to be lazy :p I'm reading about...
  15. What's this AC component?

Awesome! I guess I need to buy a new switch too. Thanks a lot everyone! Is there anything else I should replace? I wasn't going to replace either of the 2 radiators unless someone highly recommends that I should. The AC works, it just leaks.
  16. What's this AC component?

Yeah the last one might be it. What do you think? It says "w/ muffler" and "w/ service port".
  17. What's this AC component?

Yep, that's what I did. I was going to get this kit, mainly because it had both a red and a blue whatever those tube things are called, but I didn't see anything that looked like that "muffler". None of the hoses seem to have the schrader valve or place to plug in the switch, unless it's the...
  18. What's this AC component?

Glad to see you Ron. I was reading a lot of your posts on the Ranger Forums during my googling trying to figure out what that part it is. But now I feel uneasy knowing even you have never seen it before lol All I want to do is buy what I need to buy to make my AC stop leaking, but just making...
  19. What's this AC component?

Thanks! So how do I get a new one or at least get a hose with a new valve? Also need a place to plug in the high side pressure switch. What part do I buy?
  20. What's this AC component?

What's this AC component? I want to buy a new one but I've searched everywhere and no clue what it is. 1997 Ranger 3.0 I think the valve is leaking. It looks like a rubber ball instead of a schrader valve.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad