• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. hoppy

'97 Ranger 2.3l misfiring after rebuild

*EDIT* the jerking/lurching was caused by the tps connector that was faulty, so we spliced a new one in and the jerking/lurching is gone, still have a misfire though, compression is GOOD 150psi+ for all 4 cylinders, and we're getting the injectors rebuilt, so hopefully that will solve the...
  2. hoppy

Shifter won't change gears

This is on a 1997 Ranger xlt, 2wd, 2.3 4 cyl, 5spd manual trans M5OD-R1. We dropped the trans to replace the clutch, and before dropping the trans we took the shifter out. The entire shifter came out, including the spud that goes into the top end of the trans. With the trans back in and...
  3. hoppy

*HELP* 1997 2.3 problem w/ rings

Rebuilding the engine, and we are putting the pistons back in, but can't seem to get the rings past the top of the cylinder. We have tried to use a ring compressor, but putting it around the piston/rings and into the cylinder makes it too tight to tap the piston further into the cylinder...
  4. hoppy

Crankshaft pulley nut: left or right hand threaded?

I am replacing the cylinder head on my 97 i-4 2.3, it threw the timing belt and my cheapest option was to just drop a new head into it. I need to get the crankshaft pulley off, and on top of not having a powerful enough air compressor to zip the thing off, I also don't know if it's left hand...
  5. hoppy

A/C Squeal..can I lube it??

I posted this in the General Discussion board, thought it'd be better off here: The A/C clutch on my '97 Ranger is squealing. It squeals when the A/C is off, and it still squeals a little when the A/C is on. It sounds like the clutch but it could also be a bearing. Can I lube this thing? Can I...
  6. hoppy

A/C Squeal, can I lube it?

The A/C clutch on my '97 Ranger is squealing. It squeals when the A/C is off, and it still squeals a little when the A/C is on. It sounds like the clutch but it could also be a bearing. Can I lube this thing? Can I use WD40?..or should I use something else?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad