• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rusty ol ranger

Advice plz

2 wd? Best thing you can do is find your axle ratio (door tag, or the tag on the axle), and find one with a lower ratio (higher number)... IE say you have 3.55's now....find a 4.10
  2. rusty ol ranger

Cant believe im saying this...

Heres some pics i took.... The rest of the back is solid... Heres a few frame shots...
  3. rusty ol ranger

$3,100 BII 4×4, 1988

I know. Im not buying so much as a lawn mower project till i get the LTD II and B2 squared up
  4. rusty ol ranger

$3,100 BII 4×4, 1988

Probably 7-8k. Maybe 9 if someones rabid enough.
  5. rusty ol ranger

Ill post up some pictures later today. Im sure yall will laugh at me makin a huge deal of this. Ill be the first to admit i have confidence issues when it comes to treading into new territory. Ive always kinda shyed away from body type work. I got a plan in my head though...so thats the first...
  6. rusty ol ranger

NEW, IMPROVED RUBBER

BFG A/T Or General Grabber ATX. Both are 3 peakers. I personally love the BFG's. Some guys bitch about the wet handling but personally ive never had an issue. They wear good, and really rule in anything ive ran them in except sticky mud, they like to cake up.
  7. rusty ol ranger

Really bad Gas mileage on my Ranger

What do you mean by "jingles"? Whens the last time it had plugs and wires? If theres a check engine on id start by getting the codes read. Lots of sensors can affect fuel mileage.
  8. rusty ol ranger

I think what im going to do is drop the fuel tank, get some angle iron and run all the way across on the front and back of the filler neck, above the tank (assuming theres clearence, it looked like there would be, ill measure today) drill holes down from the top (to mimmick a body crossmember)...
  9. rusty ol ranger

Oh im not after beauty in the least. But would like to keep it a B2
  10. rusty ol ranger

Lmao.... Ive noticed that.
  11. rusty ol ranger

Honestly if i get this thing going good coming out one of these times is on my bucket list
  12. rusty ol ranger

Ive been all over the frame. Its great. Actually its only the drivers side of the body underneath thats bad. The passenger side is completly solid...weirdly. I kinda think the back end is so rotted cause of an unaddressed water leak. The passenger side looks new
  13. rusty ol ranger

as ive never given up on a project vehicle. But i might on this B2 i just bought The further i dig into this thing...the more and more im finding. The wiring is a mess for one. I noticed today the PS pump or hose or something is leaking...bad. The transfer case is leaking. Whoever the idiot...
  14. rusty ol ranger

60 psi on all cylinders

Id get a known good gauge and open the throttle and try again. At 60psi im 99% sure it wouldnt even fire
  15. rusty ol ranger

60 psi on all cylinders

Yes. If you got 60 on all 6 id try a different tester. 90 is required to run.
  16. rusty ol ranger

2.9 ranger runs terrible

Thats a good point i didnt even think about.
  17. rusty ol ranger

Free 1969 Ford Mustang

I think thats a pennsylvania tag on the truck. As far as i can tell from zooming in. Not to mention judging by the amount of dust and shit on its been in that barn for atleast 20 years. How long ago did he die? I highly doubt this is legit. But thsts what sucks about modern day online selling...
  18. rusty ol ranger

2.9 ranger runs terrible

Start with that. Check the wireing, change the sensor.... Exhaust backfire is generally caused by av overly rich condition...which ECT issues can cause. There is a way to check the ignition module...but im not sure how...i believe its pretty complicated and kind of a worthless test since TFI's...
  19. rusty ol ranger

2.9 ranger runs terrible

One other thing....have you tried pulling the codes?
  20. rusty ol ranger

Anyone ever experience this?

Doesnt the fuel pump ground thru the ecm?.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad