• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87 Ford Ranger

Need some advice on a 2.9 litre fuel system. Have spark, but won't fire. fuel pump will not come on. I can hot wire the pump and pressurize the fuel rail but still no ignition. I have traced all wires from pump thru the inertia switch and thru the relay on the firewall. Is there a sensor that...
  2. 87 Ford Ranger

Having problem with running rich on 2.9 liter. Once warm the engine idles ruff. Under 2/3thirds to full throttle engine runs properly. Once you back off of throttle to cruise it starts blowing black smoke and missing. I think I have replaced every sensor on the vehicle,the O2 sensor, map sensor...
  3. 87 Ford Ranger

Rebuilt Engine, No Power. Just rebuilt a 2.9 with all the right stuff. New RV cam, pistons. rings, rebuilt heads, wires, cap, rotor. Took it to a shop to have them check the computer for any bad codes (None) had them set the timing. Replaced O2 sensor from Ford and FPR. Fuel Pressure is good...
  4. 87 Ranger fuel injection wiring harness

I did an engine rebuild on a 2.9 and when I went to put the wiring hareness back on the injectors I am not sure I plugged then into the same injector. Does anyone know the wiring code or colors for each cylinder.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad