• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fuel Pump replacement Help/Input

Welcome! My 04 fuel pump failed at around 55K miles. I think Ford sourced a bunch of defective pumps around this era. The brushes had worn into the stator causing it to fail. I replaced it with a Carter pump. Made in USA. Also moved the bed back to access the tank. Can't comment on the...
  2. The gatorback serp belt replacement

We need to start a club...LOL As to the fuel pump problem, the brushes had worn down into the copper (stator/armature, whatever it's called?) and no longer had electrical connection. Usually it's the brushes that wear. The problem was either the carbon brushes were too hard or the copper was...
  3. The gatorback serp belt replacement

Sandflea, I have your truck's brother; mines a black standard cab flareside. I also had your squeak/chirp, thinking it was from the belt. Turned out to be the synchronizer, per Xrundan. If the chirp returns, suspect the synchronizer. (Regarding the 04) it's fuel pump gave up at the 55K mile...
  4. Question about solar battery maint.

Battery voltage will change slightly according to temperature, but a test for amp draw is a good idea to confirm what's going on. I've found that most of my vehicles draw about 7-15 MA naturally, with everything off.
  5. My 04 single cab

Busypees, you do nice work. I'm following your build, since I have a similar 04 Edge. Here's another vote for the flareside. Sure, you lose a little bed space, but they do have a cool look.
  6. No start after sitting all summer

The only thing I might add: Is there adequate fuel in the tank to reach the pump? Especially if it's parked on an incline.
  7. Remote Spin-On Trans Filter?

A search turned up lots of threads on add-on aux coolers, but no external filters. Has anyone installed a Derale or B&M kit with the spin-on filters? I'm wondering where to mount the filter head?
  8. Dynomax SuperTurbo......Reversable?

Hi guys, I just installed the new Dynomax cat-back today, and the only way the muffler would mount was opposite to the way the old one came off. (With the center 'inlet' to the rear, and the side 'outlet' to the front.) Are these mufflers reversable? Thanks, ROE
  9. Side Tape/Trim Kit Availability?

Hi guys, got a new to me 04 Edge, and was wondering if there was any tape striping available to add onto the body crease that follows along the cab and bedside....? I'm thinking of something similiar to the 'Nite' trim that was used on 90-91 era trucks...... Thanks, ROE
  10. Hi all, just bought a 'new' to me Ranger.

It's an 04 Edge 4x4, standard cab flareside. Automatic with tow package. 55K miles on the clock, and it literally looks like new. I'm a Ford truck addict from way back, having owned a Bronco, Bronco II, Explorer, and now this Ranger. Looking forward to this forum. Been lurking for years...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad