• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tjdeerslayer37

stupid question about steering

alright dont flame me for asking this as it might be a stupid question. is there any reason you couldnt put a slight bend in a tie rod being the tie rod is aftermarket, heims on the ends and made of 1 1/4 dom. im trying to get a better angle on the heims. i have high steer but stock pitman arm...
  2. tjdeerslayer37

painting frame

Hey guys my frame has some minimal surface rust in areas, nothing too bad but id like to clean it up and paint it. What would be my best bet as far as paint? Por15 has to have rust to bond properly so id rather not use that since I would prefer to wheel the whole thing first. Self etching primer...
  3. tjdeerslayer37

sierra 1500 headlight problem

hey guys ive got a 1990 sierra 1500 2wd. for the last 3 weeks my rear running lights havent been coming on with either my parking lights or my headlights :icon_confused: then last night i jumped in the truck and flipped the headlight switch and now my headlights wont turn on and the only thing...
  4. tjdeerslayer37

front leaves

What's everyone running for front leafs on their sas? I've got a FW 44 in the front with a 302 above it and I need to find a short leaf (51-53") eye to eye that is stiff enough to keep positive arc. Dummy me tried cherokee rears and they're way too flimsy, the top leaf, the one with the eye in...
  5. tjdeerslayer37

77 F150 D44 and 9" ?

is it possible to grind/cut down the cast on wedges and convert the acle to leaf?
  6. tjdeerslayer37

coil to leaf sprung

I just picked up a 78 bronco d44 that was coil sprung. Id like to make it leaf sprung under my ranger and im curious who's done this and how you got rid of the wedges and what it looks like after the leaf perches are on. There's a lot of metal to be ground off there and im curious how its gonna...
  7. tjdeerslayer37

clutch safety switch

I put a c6 behind a 302 in my 91 that used to be a stick, how do I overide the clutch switch so the clutch doesn't have to be depressed to start the truck? Thanks!
  8. tjdeerslayer37

distributor problem

im having the WORST time getting my 302 distributor to sit back in. ive had it in all the way one time and it took some rolling on the engine stand and a buddy to help lol. problem is i had to take it back out to put the heater hose fitting in the intake since it is right up next to the dist. i...
  9. tjdeerslayer37

1356 fitment

so does a 1356 on a c6 trans not fit in a ranger? or do you just have to mount the tcase so it faces further down then normal? mine hits the frame rail when i try to put it in and the trans is where it is supposed to be.
  10. tjdeerslayer37

balancing big tires

I've read about the ceramic beads for big tires, I've also heard you can use the little airsoft bb's as an alternative. Anybody ever done this? Airsoft bb's I can get locally cheap, if I did the ceramic ones they'd be 60 bucks. I looked up my tire size on the ceramic bb site 35x12.5x15 and it...
  11. tjdeerslayer37

getting ready to dana 44 it

Ill be doing the same thing shortly so im all ears also.
  12. tjdeerslayer37

eb axle drums

I just picked up an early bronco set of axles, was there another axle besides the d44 that went in the front of the eb's? Just checkin to see if its a d44 or something else. Im putting these into my 91, do I need to get a new master cylinder since the fronts are dum breaks? Or can I get a...
  13. tjdeerslayer37

c6?

would it be possible to run a c6 on my 302? as i understand it i need a new yoke. and more than likely have to have the driveshaft modded. but what else? would my trans mount still work? and i know ill have to move the crossmember which isnt a big deal since i have the suicide doors aftermarket...
  14. tjdeerslayer37

removing 2.3 clutch cable?

how does the clutch line detatch from the trans in a 91 2.3? i cant get it to come apart. thanks
  15. tjdeerslayer37

light switch/ tach question

dont flame me for this guys, i need to know which wire to tap into on my light switch so that my tach backlight will turn on when i turn on the lights.... im not really sure which one to use and ive looked around for wiring diagrams and cant find anything. i have a 91 thank you!
  16. tjdeerslayer37

gm 7.5/ ranger 7.5

will a gm 7.5 ring and pinion fit in my 7.5 carrier? if it does then what do i have to change out for it to work?
  17. tjdeerslayer37

throttle cable bracket?

okay im looking for the bracket that holds the throttle cable in place on a carbbed setup. i have a holley 600 setup but i dont want to buy the stupid aftermarket $50 bracket. does anyone have a part number for a stock bracket? this is the aftermarket one...
  18. tjdeerslayer37

foolin around "flexing"

me and my buddy went and were messing around town trying to flex lol. my core support is so shot you can see from my bumper lol. oh well, heres some pics. the 250 is on bald 36" tsl's. mine has 33" almost bald toyo muds and 32" goodyear something or others on the front. you can see we both...
  19. tjdeerslayer37

beating a dead horse

ok dont kill me guys, ive searched and cant find anything.... is anyone using shorty headers? im trying to not spend over 120 on headers and i need something that i dont have to modify too much. i have a 91 2wd im putting a t5 in it with the 5.0. if not shorty headers, what else will work that...
  20. tjdeerslayer37

mid 82 302 change?

what changes did the 302 undergo in mid 1982? i bought a gasket set on ebay yesterday and didnt notice that it said fits up to mid 82. i have an 86 motor. what is the difference? am i screwed for the whole set? or just the valve cover gaskets or what? thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad