• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. EGR issue

Exhaust pressure may be pushing the valve off it's seat during normal driving, in which case the sensor would still pick up on it. The vacuum may only be an "assist" or for when the ECU thinks it would help emissions. Not sure. Anyone second (or correct) that?
  2. Fuel filter

Steps seem ok, however, depressurizing is best handled by removing the fuse for the fuel pump, then cranking the engine until it no longer "turns over". This removes the residual fuel from the fuel rail and reduces the amount of fuel likely to drain from the lines. Might also be a good idea to...
  3. 97 C1500 4L60e trans questions

A general question for those of you who are familiar with the C1500 trucks, or more specifically, the 4L60e transmission. Has anyone had any issues with changing the transmission fluid in these vehicles? I have one that has almost 337000 miles on the clock (approximately 260k on the trans) and...
  4. Check engine, O2 sensor, and Air Intake

If you're getting that particular code, the O2 sensor has probably failed, or is grounding out. The sensor is probably reading 0 volts which is equivalent to a lean burn code. Either way, if the sensor hasn't been replaced before, or is more than 60k+ miles (or 90k kms) old, its probably...
  5. SLR performance chip

Would love a bump like that, but I seriously doubt its possible. Want more kick, modify your differential for acceleration rather than top end, assuming Ford used the 4.10s in '09 like they did in '10 (autos anyway, the manuals were 3.73). This, of course, assumes that I'm not mistaken about...
  6. 2002 2.3 Duratec Dies & Starts dies & Starts HELP!

If its man-made, it can break. Haven't heard of one doing so, but wouldn't rule it out. Maybe age is causing the inertia switch to become oversensitive.
  7. Check engine, O2 sensor, and Air Intake

Verify your OBDII codes before chaning the sensor. If you don't have a code specific to the O2, that most-likely isn't your problem. If you changed your intake system, did you retain all the OEM MAF/MAP sensors that were present before the change? If not, that could be throwing off the...
  8. 2.5L Leaky valve cover gasket?

Don't know if its common on these models, but with age and mileage, any gasket will leak. Now the amount of oil it leaks should be minor if its simply age affecting it. Otherwise, I'd suggest you check the bolts holding the cover down. I had a 92 that had a habit of "walking" the bolts out...
  9. Ocassional hard start

I've had a similar problem, but I just wrote it off to not holding the starter long enough for the engine to catch. If it releases before fully starting, I've noticed mine will be hesitant to start the second time. Sort of like the carb engines when you'd flood the engine.
  10. 2008 Duratec cold rev

I have a 2010 that does that. If the engine is cold, it starts at a higher RPM to both help circulate oil and warm up a little faster. It should only last about 10 seconds or so before slowly declining to 1k. That is considered normal operation as far as I'm aware. I've seen mine go as high...
  11. speed limit

I've had my 92 up to 85 and it felt like it was going to blow apart. Of course, considering for most of the time I've had it, it wouldn't go over 60 due to ignition problems, I consider myself lucky to get that high... LIMA POWER! LOL!
  12. Time for a motor flush?

I have reason to believe that some of the internal oil passages in my 2.3l are sludged up. Can anyone recommend a good way to clean out the insides of the crankcase? Just fyi, the CHECK OIL lamp came on after I restarted the engine a second time. Had only sat for approximately 2 minutes while...
  13. '10 Transmission specs?

Just a couple of generic questions. Does anyone know what model automatic transmission is in the '10 Ranger? I know its a 5-speed with lockup torque converter (maybe a 5r55e or 5r44e?), but I've heard its a derivative of the Bordeaux A4LD. If so, is it likely to have any of the problems known...
  14. '10 2.3 slow coolant leak around water pump

I have a 2010 with around the same amount of miles. I haven't noticed anything yet, but I'll keep an eye open for problems like that. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully its just a fluke, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
  15. 2.3 engine problems

Other than checking the coil packs, I'd have to ask if the engines swapped were from the same year. If they weren't and bearing in mind that manual and autos use different cpus, do you need to swap the computers?
  16. Differential question(s)

Ok, I have a '10 Ranger with the 2.3l and automatic (love the truck overall, but...). According to the specs (not to mention several forum posts), the gear ratio on this setup is 4.10. From what I can tell, the manual is 3.73. Is the difference in the ratio the reason why the manual gets...
  17. Strange bucking @ low RPMs

Here's a dome-scratcher for you. 92 2.3l. At low RPMs, the engine kicks hard when accelerating (goes away for the most part at higher RPMs, but not entirely). There's an audible ping or clanking sound that seems to sound like a hammer hitting the water pump pulley, and no its not spark knock...
  18. O2 Sensor question

Ok, I'm trying to sort out a problem with the O2 sensor on my 92 2.3L. I've chased down all the problem codes in the system and eliminated all but the 172 code (O2 lean). I've checked for vacuum leaks, replaced the throttle body and upper-to-lower intake gaskets, and replaced the EGR valve and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad