• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97 C1500 4L60e trans questions

A general question for those of you who are familiar with the C1500 trucks, or more specifically, the 4L60e transmission. Has anyone had any issues with changing the transmission fluid in these vehicles? I have one that has almost 337000 miles on the clock (approximately 260k on the trans) and...
  2. Time for a motor flush?

I have reason to believe that some of the internal oil passages in my 2.3l are sludged up. Can anyone recommend a good way to clean out the insides of the crankcase? Just fyi, the CHECK OIL lamp came on after I restarted the engine a second time. Had only sat for approximately 2 minutes while...
  3. '10 Transmission specs?

Just a couple of generic questions. Does anyone know what model automatic transmission is in the '10 Ranger? I know its a 5-speed with lockup torque converter (maybe a 5r55e or 5r44e?), but I've heard its a derivative of the Bordeaux A4LD. If so, is it likely to have any of the problems known...
  4. Differential question(s)

Ok, I have a '10 Ranger with the 2.3l and automatic (love the truck overall, but...). According to the specs (not to mention several forum posts), the gear ratio on this setup is 4.10. From what I can tell, the manual is 3.73. Is the difference in the ratio the reason why the manual gets...
  5. Strange bucking @ low RPMs

Here's a dome-scratcher for you. 92 2.3l. At low RPMs, the engine kicks hard when accelerating (goes away for the most part at higher RPMs, but not entirely). There's an audible ping or clanking sound that seems to sound like a hammer hitting the water pump pulley, and no its not spark knock...
  6. O2 Sensor question

Ok, I'm trying to sort out a problem with the O2 sensor on my 92 2.3L. I've chased down all the problem codes in the system and eliminated all but the 172 code (O2 lean). I've checked for vacuum leaks, replaced the throttle body and upper-to-lower intake gaskets, and replaced the EGR valve and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad