• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ranger 4x4 4.0 tranny prob

a buddy of mine has a 94 ranger 4x4 4.0 5 spd. He burnt the tranny up he says. He dropped the tranny but cant get the slave off? Is it like a 83-88 body style where it just slides? He said something about a special tool?? and he cant get to work. I suggested pulling the pin from the clutch pedal...
  2. Axles for ranger(Debate)

the reasoning I have for 60/14b combo and 35's is some day I may want to go bigger....... always leave room to upgrade. The smartest thing Ive heard all day. Me personally have had no luck with G.M and been knocking them HARD for years. If I have a GM axle in my project truck I will be eating...
  3. Axles for ranger(Debate)

Hey Hey,I greatly appreciate everyones inputs. And I prefer to go a little overkill as who knows what the future holds(I have a 347 stroker in my mustang:icon_idea:) I like the idea of a dana 60 up front. I will continue to look into a sterling or dana 60 for the rear. but as always $ is a very...
  4. Axles for ranger(Debate)

wow, a lot to chew on here. And a 7 lug bolt pattern?? I'm not too worried about bolt patterns as i can always get an adapter from advanced adapters(I think thats what its called) I might have to save up though as a 99-up truck even wrecked still brings alot of $. I think i would better off...
  5. Axles for ranger(Debate)

So if i got this right, Im hunting for a 99-up f-250(4x4 for both axles) with disc brakes. Do the sterling axles have a D.O.M # like dana or do I have to go by VIN#(to identify). I can always change the bolt pattern or change rims. I need bead locks anyway. but this will be the 9.75? If i go...
  6. Axles for ranger(Debate)

Thanks man thats good to know I try to find them at the boneyard.
  7. Axles for ranger(Debate)

Thanks for info, but I have thought of going smaller with maybe 33/12.5 or more of a lift still deciding. I would rather go overkill though, in case I change my mind later . I dont know much of the sterling axles though. I want to make it tough as Im kinda hard on it. (Well I beat the snot out...
  8. Axles for ranger(Debate)

Thanks, I would rather do this once as I am not the best fabricator. It took me 2 years to get the 5.0(AHHHHHH the wiring) in the truck and i lost 30# from the hair I ripped out LOL. Anyway good to know my gears arn't available for the dana 30. I am pleased to learn that the 14 bolt(gm) is not...
  9. Axles for ranger(Debate)

Hey i have a 85 ranger with dana 28 front axle and dana 7.5 rear. I put 9" of lift on it (3 body 6 SUS) and added(needs finished) a 5.0 H.O.(91 mustang). Am currently running 35" BFG MT and know the axles wont handle it. I have a dana 30 out of a cherokee that looks fairly simple to...
  10. hello all

hey im a newbie from ohio. i seen this site a few times and have recently came across all the time i could want. i crushed my foot and im off work for 3 months. anyway i have a 85 longbed that ive been working on for 6 years. i pulled the 2.8 out and installed a 302 out of a 79 fullsize. then i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad