• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mechjames

Anyone know where to find a special wiper clip?

I don't want to pay $25 bucks from LMC truck for a couple dollar piece. I first lost my passengers side wiper one night, then my drivers side stopped working a couple minutes later. This clip holds the wiper linkage to the motor: I'm going to see if I have some e clips that might fit
  2. mechjames

Coolant leak from block heater.

My Block heater is leaking coolant really bad, it's gone from a small trickle to losing all coolant in about 5-10 min of idiling. How do you change these? I've got a spare diesel parts engine in my garage, but unsure how to get the old heater out. Could I just install a plug?
  3. mechjames

New guy with Diesel ranger!

Hi, I'm James, live in Richmond, BC, Canada. I was on this site a few years back when I was trying to fix some issues on a 2.9L Bronco II. This is my new project: It's an 1986 Diesel Ranger with the Mitsubishi 2.3 Turbo Diesel. 5 speed 4x4. Seller thought it had a blown headgasket...
  4. mechjames

86 Ranger Diesel Issues

Picked up a 1986 Ranger with the Mitsubishi Turbo Diesel. Seller thought it might have a blown head gasket, but he isn't sure. It was leaking from the water neck below the water pump, like gushing out. Found out the gaskets weren't available, and someone siliconed it in. Cleaned it up, made...
  5. mechjames

misfire/backfire and loss of power

my friends 89 bronco II 2.9L has an interesting problem. at idle to about 1200 its fine, from 1200 to 3000 it'll run rough, and stutter, and sounds like its backfiring. if u pump the gas a lot and get it above 3000 it'll take off like a bat out of hell. changed the fuel pump, pressure...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad