• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DOPIESLC

Front end clunking after 15 mph

So I bought a Dana 30 with 4.56 gears in it. The previous owner told me that the cross pin came out and scored the pinion. Upon looking at it I found one chipped tooth and sctratches along the front face. Other than that it was fine. So I installed the axle and drove it. When I reached 15 mph I...
  2. DOPIESLC

7/8' Reamer

Hey guys just checking around to see if anybody has a 7/8" reamer to borrow/rent? I need to finish my 1-ton steering to accept the new drag link.
  3. DOPIESLC

Project Hooptee

Well started a new project after busting up my motor for another project. Found this 1991 Ranger for $700. It has 67,000 original miles, dana 35/4.10, 8.8/4.10, bw1354e, m5od, 4.0, in need of some bodywork, and one of the dumbest shifters ever. Every time I shift into 1st I punch the steering...
  4. DOPIESLC

VSS placement

So question for anyone that can answer this. With my swap I am putting a 2001 ford ranger cab and drivetrain on a 1990 ford bronco 2 frame. So this is my issue that I run into with the VSS. I have the abs sensor on the rear axle and a VSS on the back of the transmission. As you know the 2.3...
  5. DOPIESLC

Project Micro Machine

This is what I started with: 1990 B2 Eddie Bauer Edition that has a 4" rough country lift, 2.9l, a4ld, BW1354(electronic), 32" BFG's from 1992, 15x8 Raceline wheels, and stickers everywhere. Then added some brand new 33" BFG's to replace those horrible old tires. Also took the stickers off...
  6. DOPIESLC

Dana 28 gears

Alright guys I have the dana 28 and ford 7.5 with the stock 3.45 gears. I put a 4 inch lift on it along with 31" bfgs. It pushes itself good except in 4 wheel drive. I think I need a lower gear ratio. My question is where can I find either 3.73 or 4.10 gears for my case? I dont want to upgrade...
  7. DOPIESLC

Coil springs wont fit?

Alright ive been putting a 4 inch lift on my ranger for the past few days and dealing with that hell of a mess I'm almost done. I went to turn the coil springs into their buckets and they go on so far then fall out. I noticed that they are bigger then the originals so I tried to put one of the...
  8. DOPIESLC

Those damn rivets?

Whats an easy way to get these out? I've already drilled them but am having trouble with getting the 2 top rivets to drill straight. Any ideas to get these out?
  9. DOPIESLC

Head Bolts

I re-gasketed my motor along with installing new head bolts and when I tried to start it, it started spraying antifreeze out of the head gaskets. :flipoff: So long story short I forgot to get off some gasket material from the block. So i took it all apart removed the gaskets and now putting it...
  10. DOPIESLC

Cranks but does not turn over?

I just got done putting the motor back in from re gasketing the entire motor. I tried to start the motor but it would not fire. I checked all the wire connections and everything is connected. I'm getting fuel to the regualtor and I'm getting spark to every plug. Turning it over it made a blow...
  11. DOPIESLC

Are the Mitsubishi FM146 and Mazda M5OD-R1 the same?

The mazda trans in my truck went bad and I bought a mitsubishi fm146. I 'm wondering if I will have any issues hooking it up in my ranger? Help please!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad