• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bogusdill

What is this part?

Hey guys im getting trouble code 41 and it seems to only happen during city driving conditions, so i was thinking it mite be fuel supply related. i was bored at work so i climbed under my truck and found gas leaking from this mystery part. its on the driverside frame and looks like it has 2...
  2. bogusdill

how many cats?

Hey there guys, one of my cats just crapped out and i got an idea :icon_idea: i want to replace them with aftermarket cats but my question is do i need to get 2 cats because thats how many i have now or can i use just one? also, the truck is a 91 4.0 4x4 with a custom cold air intake. below is...
  3. bogusdill

what 4.0 engines are interchangeable?

Hi guys i got a 96 XLT 4.0 ranger with a blown motor for free, everything else is in good shape and i happen to have a running 4.0 engine but its from a 91 explorer, both trucks have auto trannies my question is would the good engine bolt into this truck? oh and do where would i find...
  4. bogusdill

oil cooler idea??

Hey somebody school me on what an automatic transmissions radiator does, i am using one in my ranger because my other one broke (stupid kamakazie birds!!) and i have a 5 speed tranny so im not using the tranny cooler inlet and outlets so i was wondering if hooking them to an oil line would work...
  5. bogusdill

Call me crazy but this mite work...

Ok guys so im getting ready to lift my 2wd 05 ranger, i was originally looking at some of the lift kits and other ideas but im just not convinced they are what i want so i got this idea to SAS my 2wd. The idea is to swap leaf springs with a soild non-drive axle from a jeep 2wd. i dont...
  6. bogusdill

anyone use the 8'' lift?

Hey i was wondering if anyone here has used the 8'' lift kit from skyjacker? I want to put it on an 90 v6 4x4 5 speed and was wondering if anyone has done this. thanks
  7. bogusdill

2wd rear diff locker?

Update hey guys just wanted to update this, i got the 8.8 rearend for about 350 in a junkyard and put in an auburn ECTD locker with 4.10 gears and 32.5 tires on 10x15 wheels, this is a great setup! it did drop my gas mileage to about 18 tho. anyway just though i would let you know i love this...
  8. bogusdill

Rear axle swap now ABS and brake light on??

i have a 2005 2wd XLT ranger that i wanted to put a locker in but they dont make a selectable for the 7.5 rearend so i swapped it with an 8.8 and got an Auburn Elocker and everything works great! i also replaced all the brake hardware because the new 8.8 axle had been out in the weather so they...
  9. bogusdill

Coil spacers for 2wd

Hey guys i have a 2005 2wd ranger xlt, i want to level it but i cant find a leveling kit that will fit, has anyone else leveled their 2wd? i was thinking about using the factory f250 coil spacers but im not sure if they will fit?? any advice would be great! i love the truck but that rearend is...
  10. bogusdill

2wd rear diff locker?

thanks guys your alot of help ok so what is all involved on getting an 8.8, is that a total axle swap? thats kinda what my thought was to. im a college kid so im limited on funds but when i do this im gona invest the money that i need to so that its done right.
  11. bogusdill

thanks you guys are alot of help

ok so what is all involved on getting an 8.8, is that a total axle swap? thats kinda what my thought was to. im a college kid so im limited on funds but when i do this im gona invest the money that i need to so that its done right.
  12. bogusdill

2wd rear diff locker?

YA! ARB is what i want but i dont think they make it in a 7.5 i only see it for the 8.8. maybe im not seeing the right page tho..
  13. bogusdill

2wd rear diff locker?

awesome thanks i will check into those. thanks alot. i still really want a selectable so if anyone knows where to find one let me know thanks. or if there are anymore suggestions that would be great.
  14. bogusdill

2wd rear diff locker?

thanks for the explanation on LL, would it do well on the street taking corners and stuff? i need this truck for work still but i need a locker or something cause i live in the snow and need some more traction if im gona keep this truck.
  15. bogusdill

2wd rear diff locker?

thats what i was having a hard time finding. so whats a lunch box locker?
  16. bogusdill

2wd rear diff locker?

hey guys i have been researching selectable rear diff lockers for my 05 XLT 2.3 2WD.... im having a hard time finding one. if any of you have any suggestions or insight at all please post it or PM me, thanks alot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad