• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. kylebarber

weird idle

I have a 97 4.0 and when I start it up and just let it idle in park it will fluctuate from like 500 rpm to 2500 rpms....it just revs up and down until I drive for awhile. When I back up out of my drive way it'll randomly speed up and slow down, its weird. any ideas?
  2. kylebarber

Oil Leak

I have a '97 v6 4.0L, and the oil pan has a thin layer of oil all over it, and some of the areas around the pan have oil on them too. And a week ago I started noticing oil spots in my drive way. I guess I just want to know what you guys think about it, and what I need to do to fix it.
  3. kylebarber

Drop brackets?

So I lifted the back up 2 and the front up 2 but i didn't think about the fact the the it still wouldn't be level, so if I got some 4'' lift coils for the front, would I absolutely need to get the drop brackets, cause the springs are cheap by themselves. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  4. kylebarber

Miles

So I used to live in Michigan and now I live in South Carolina and I have a 1997 ranger with a 4.0 that has like 141k on it. Basically I need to drive up to Michigan this summer, its 850 miles and I'm worried about the truck, it runs great, no problems, but I feel like she's to high mileage to...
  5. kylebarber

Shocks

So i got rough country 2'' lift shocks around Christmas time and put them in my truck after i lifted it....but it struck me and my cousin as odd that there was no zip ties or any means of stopping the shocks from springing. in fact we had to pull the shocks really hard to get them to extend. He...
  6. kylebarber

4'' lift coils

So I put 2'' coil spring spacers in the front and added a leaf in the back and got some good lift out of it....but i dont like how the spacers fit in there so i was wondering since the front end is 1.5-2'' lower than the back normally, and my back end is lifted 2 inches could i take out the...
  7. kylebarber

Light Bar

I ordered the Pro Comp Explorer light bar for my 97 ranger, and i was wondering what kind of lights will work to get for it. I really like these "Pro Comp 100 6-Inch Light" will these work.
  8. kylebarber

Skid Plate

I have a 1997 ranger and really want a skid plate for it because when I put on the front bumper I have I will have to take of the plastic bumper that houses the fog lights, leaving my radiator/other things exposed. So what are my options on skid plates? Not fabing them, just buying them, i...
  9. kylebarber

My 1997 v6 4.0L has no power

I started up my truck this morning, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary until i started down the road. I have like zero power, no accel at all, it took me like a whole minute to get to 50mph. I took it mudding this weekend if that could have anything to do with it. anybody got any ideas on...
  10. kylebarber

'97 Roll bar

I have a '97 ranger and i am looking for something like the rhino bed light bar thing....but i was looking to spend a little less than 300 bucks, anybody know of any other options i have.
  11. kylebarber

31'' tires

I just put 31's on my ranger....and i have to drive from Michigan to south carolina on Wednesday, and i was wondering if 31's will do something to my speedometer.
  12. kylebarber

Coil Springs

Im putting 2inch spacers on my front coil springs for my '97 ranger....i realize i will need a coil spring compressor and i think external, but not sure? And any advice on this would be greatly appriciated. THanks
  13. kylebarber

spray paint

i used krylon fusion to paint my plastic fender flares....unfortunatly i didnt tape off as well as i should of, and i it was a little windy too. so i got a few specks of the paint on the body of my truck. can i use mineral spirits on the existing paint of my truck to get it off, or will that...
  14. kylebarber

Spare holder

Will a 31 inch tire on a 15 inch rim fit in the spare tire holder under my truck?
  15. kylebarber

fender flares

Does anyone know where i can get the parts to put my fender flare back on....or anyway i can use something to kinda jerry-rigg it on. because i lost the bolts that go with it, and the fasteners
  16. kylebarber

Rusty bolts

Here's the deal...I'm putting 2'' add-a-leafs, a 2'' front leveling kit, and some new shocks in my '97 ranger but it being a '97 I got some really rusty bolts. Whats the best way I could go about softening these babies up so I don't bust em all up?
  17. kylebarber

Bolts

I want to replace my u-bolts, and the bolts that hold my shocks on with grade 8 bolts....what sizes will i need for this?
  18. kylebarber

Anderson sc area

Any one near anderson sc able to help me put a 2'' leveling kit in the front, and a 2'' rear add-a-leaf
  19. kylebarber

31's

I have a 1997 ranger and i am thinking about putting my cousins stock 31' jeep rubicon tires on it....do i need a lift, will the rub be terrible?
  20. kylebarber

Shocks

I have a '97 ranger, and am lifting it 2'' over christmas break....i want some new shocks in it cause i just have stock shocks. What would be a somewhat cheaper shock selection that would perform well for really softcore offroading, and driving every day.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad