• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.8 starter

I was going thru starter drives within 25 start attempts another new drive ruined with ground down teeth---i had ring gear issues obviously and wasn't into pulling t case and trans etc on my old wheelbarrow. I read about the 10 tooth gear and put one in to try (nothing to loose at this point!) I...
  2. ignition switch kaput?

Just had my starter redone( grinding hard and producing a lot of heat --gear drive was toast)---i installed the motor and a new start switch--i'm on the correct terminals but when turning the key to "start"---i get zero-nothing at all. If i short the start switch i can start the engine. Is there...
  3. mustang 2.8 vs truck 2.8

Hi---I get seem to find all the info i'm looking for ---i have a great 2.8 from a mustang and want to put it into my carbed 85 Ranger 4x4--Who has done this!- What were the workarounds for that install?? Looks like the older lower rad hose housing will hit the steering box for sure---older and...
  4. 2.8 no oil pressure!

Looked at a Ranger that the mechanical owner had swapped out a great 2.8 into an 84 replacing the 4 banger. He didn't prudently check out things -just swapped the computer and necessary harness bits--and droppped it in. Then found no oil pressure! Thought something wasn't right with the...
  5. 2.8 transplant

I have acquired a good 2.8 from Mustang 2 and have plans to pull the tired 2.8 from my 85 Ranger----this gives me the Duraspark and gets rid of the bank of vacuum relays and the feedback carb--thanks to the forum the wire splicing should be straight forward. I recently snapped a bolt in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad