• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Robert_1967

Question about TC's

How do you tell if a TC is going bad or going out?? do they go out all at once or do they go out slowly?? How do they go out?? The reason I ask is that my 89 BII is taking it's time shifting into gear, and I had the trans fluid and filter changed, and no help, the levels are fine, and I took it...
  2. Robert_1967

suggestions for a od auto

I'm building a 302 powered ranger, and I have a C4, but my rear end is a 3.27 gear, and that is going to have my rpms running high when on the interstate. what is a good transmission with od that would work on a 302, and not have a computer???? the engine and trans came out of a car that had a...
  3. Robert_1967

My Ranger II

Well it's official, I now have a V8 Ranger. I lost my build tread, and I'm just too lazy to find it right now, but this truck started life with a leaky 2.3 4 banger that had to fall out of a tree to get going, and it had a 5 speed. HERE IS MY OLD TREAD from when I first started this mess...
  4. Robert_1967

V8 302 swap info needed

I just got my "Universal Remote Filter Mount kit" part number 291 from Rockauto.com. my only problem is that I don't know what oil filter to use on it. can someone help me out here, I sent a message to the Rockauto people, but who knows if I get a answer from them. Robert p.s. I was going...
  5. Robert_1967

alternator question

Does Ford make a one wire alternator they way cheby does?? I'm using a engine from a 75 Mustang, and I want to get rid of the voltage regulator on the side of the fender well. I'm also wanting to use the old Ford brackets, so if any one knows what all years of alts and from what vehicles will...
  6. Robert_1967

Little Help with a 302 that is getting swapped in

I have a 1975 302, I know, it's a low compression 130hp engine, but I'm tight on funds, and this was done in a trade, also the engine I thought had never been rebuilt, has been rebuilt, it's been bored .10 over. any how my question is, how hard is it to change the rear main seal with out...
  7. Robert_1967

302 Oil pans

I have a 1975 Mustang II that i'm using the engine for my 88 ranger, i was told it had a double hump oil pan, but it doesn't, it has the front sump. So my question is, what years and make of cars/trucks that have the 302 double hump pan will work on my 75 302??? also what all years of 302's...
  8. Robert_1967

What cost me 100.00 and 1.5 days labor

There was a guy on Craigslist that bought a 91 Ranger that had these on them, and was raised up in the back, type about a rake, anyway he couldn't use the truck as a work truck and asked if anyone would buy these for 100.00, or trade a standard set for them installed. I bought 4 new ball joints...
  9. Robert_1967

Buffing/Polishing Wheels

My friend has a buffing wheel on a bench grinder that looks like a stone grinding wheel, but it's soft and made for polishing, and for the life of me I can't find anything online about the wheel, of course I don't know what the wheel is called. SO if anyone has seen this kind of polishing...
  10. Robert_1967

Mustang II front Suspension question

I just traded my 95 T-bird (with a 4.6) donor car for a 75 mustang II donor car, the car has a factory 302, so this is going to be much easier for me to do the v8 swap in my 88 Ranger, and I can use the Mustang II ac stuff. Well, about my question about the suspension, I plan on using the...
  11. Robert_1967

Quick Question about the diffrent years of 4.0 OHV

I have a 93 4.0 on CL, I have had a few people call me and wanted to know if the engine and heads would interchange with a 99 OHV engine (I thought all 99 have the single over head cam) . I have told them all that I don't know and I doubt it would. could anyone here with more brains and sense...
  12. Robert_1967

Tail light filler panels??

any one know a good place to get a set for the first gen ranger bed tail light fillers for shaving the tail lights off, seems like all the places I can find only do the 3rd gen and up, and when I do see a set for the first gen, they want a arm and leg for them. I find it funny that on one...
  13. Robert_1967

What Kind of mess am I getting into?!?

I see mostly post for 5.0, 302's, and 351's, I just got a 95 T-bird with the 4.6 and auto trans, and I'm thinking that this is the new donor for my 88 ranger super cab, I was going to do the 4.0 out of a 93 explorer, but things have changed, and hopefully for the better. any advice on what kind...
  14. Robert_1967

95 T-bird Trans

I just traded for a 95 T-Bird with the 4.6 and auto trans, the trans is bad, only has reverse. I was wondering, when I go to Pull-A-Parts, what all cars and trucks, can what years can I pull a auto from that will work with the 95 t-bird 4.6. on a side not, I'm only fixing this car long enough...
  15. Robert_1967

94 4.0 code 341

O'Riellys just ran the codes for me on this 94 Explorer, it cam up with a 341, and then 111. the 341 according to Chilton is a octain reading switch open, or something like that, how do I fix that ?? new knock sensor ??? also where is the knock sensor ?? 111 is pass, so I'm not worried...
  16. Robert_1967

4.2 Color me impressed

I just got done replacing the 4.2 in a 98 F150 4x4 for a friend of mine, the engine I took out had aluminum heads, and the one going back in has iron heads (don't know if this makes a difference), but any how, after a lot of cussing, bruises, cuts and smashed fingers, I got the new engine bolted...
  17. Robert_1967

No spark 89 2.9l

I drove to the store today, and when I came out, it wouldn't start, I could hear my fuel pump, so I know it's working. I'm not getting spark out of my coil, I have a spare coil that I tried, and it's not making spark either, I am getting 12 volts to the coil with the switch turned on and not...
  18. Robert_1967

IDK 5x115 HUH?!?

ok, whats up with Cadillac and the 5x115 bolt pattern and does it really work on a 5x114.3 without having to be modded?!? I saw a Ranger today with a set of Cadillac rims (looked darn nice too), I asked what kind of mod did he do it get them to fit, he said "nothing, they just bolted up" Since...
  19. Robert_1967

Tail light shave kit

I guess I'm just too lazy to look a set up, but does any one know a cheap place I can get a set of Tail Light shave kits for a 88 Ranger ?? OR can someone make a set for really cheap. I'm going to shave the tail lights on my 88 Ranger, and do a set of Custom Lights, but NOT a set of the small...
  20. Robert_1967

A few Explorer Questions

I could take the time to look all this up on the net, But I thought I would try here first. first question is, what was the last year of the ttb front end on the Explorers? second, what was the last year of the solid rear axle on the Explorers? third, what year was the first year V8 engine in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad