• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Hello all

Broncodude in Ky. Where's the snow cause Im ready --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.407171,-85.368561
  2. Ignition Switch

Anyone put a new ignition switch in an 84 B II lately?? I gotta put one in mine before it won't run anymore..
  3. Need help, truck won't turn over

Hay all, recently my 84 BII had been taking turns not turning over, in other words sometimes it would but now it won't at all. I have cleaned every connection from the battery, solonoid, relay thing on firewall, and starter. I get 12 volts on both terminal sides of the solonoid when the key is...
  4. timing with pinto dist

I can't find the total advance needed in the 2.8 with the pinto dist. Initial timing would help to(without vacuum line hooked up). Its running at 8*btdc right now. Just want to get it dialed in before I break in the engine.
  5. broken dipstick

Anyone have an easy solution to a broken tranny dipstick? My 84 BII with a c-5 has a broken stick. Doesn't look like the aftermarket makes one. They make one for the C-4. Are these the same as far as mounting?
  6. holley question

whats the small tube on the side of the metering block on the passenger side for? does it have vacuum?
  7. rebuilt 2.8

Well, I finished my first 2.8 rebuild. Seems to be a good motor so far. Block is 0.60 over, used Edelbrock headers, Msd Ignition, Holley 350. Heads ported and polished, three angle valve job. Going to use Flowmaster 40 with 2.25 exhaust. With engines I've rebuilt in the past (mostly chevy) they...
  8. bright headlights

Any ideas on brighter headlights on an 84 BII? Without a lot of expense??
  9. need some help here??

Engine is a 2.8 84 model. I'm overhauling my 2.8. The old motor has two short medal sleeves that are in the large holes on the block in the front. The fresh block I just bought doesn't have those small sleeves. Also the gasket set only has two small gaskets that fit in there. It looks like the...
  10. engine assembly question

On my new block it doesn't have the small sleeves that go into the timing cover, anyone have any ideas on how to get around this. Advance doesn't have a clue, and my gasket kit didn't have them in it. All it had was two small thick gaskets to go in there. And the old ones are NOT coming out...
  11. oil filter adapter

is the oil filter adapter needed? can't I just screw the filter on to the threaded insert thats in my new block that I got? looks like the same size?
  12. C-5 question

Does the C-5 have a vacuum modulator? Where does the line hook up too?
  13. 84 BII question

Is there two fuel pumps? One in the tank? I'm replacing the one on the engine.
  14. duraspark question

I have an 84 BII with a 2.8. When using a Holley 350 should I still use the thick spacer which was under the stock carb?
  15. what is it or do I need it?

16. Shift Kit?

Does anyone make a shift kit for the C-5?
  17. belt question

Any idea what belt to use when bypassing the smog pump?
  18. Additional Duraspark part numbers and info

When changing the 84 Bronco II to a duraspark ignition I've learned that when I ordered a distributor, Advance Auto part#30-2691 (single vacuum line) it doesn't come with a cap adapter to fit the larger cap. Advance doesn't list a cap adapter for that distributor. The cap adapter part # FR109...
  19. 84 or 89?

I have an 84 BII, stock, C-5 automatic, a little bit of rust, new tires, engine needs rebuilt, leaking oil, exhaust manifolds leaking, etc. I have a chance to buy an 89, which mechanically is better, but needs painted, not so good tires, has the auto/overdrive tranny. are these two mostly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad