• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bg@f.ord

Cylinder 6 missfire

CYLINDER 6 MISSFIRE This is what the tester says.Ford in El Centro told me I had low compression on Cyl. 6 & I needed to buy two $500 heads.My people in San Diego said they lied.They're doing more testing today(Tunecraft).Compression is fine.I was just looking for some input.:sad:
  2. bg@f.ord

Heater hoses

My top heater hose broke @ the factory Tee(Brittle).I installed a new plastic Tee.I haven't dealt with the bottom hose yet.It has some sort of vacuum controlled valve that's plastic.I WANT TO GET RID OF THE PLASTIC.Does anyone know a high performance solution?
  3. bg@f.ord

fuel pump

I recently put a new fuel pump($200)in my truck.I am not confident with the way Airtech connected the hoses.They are'nt all the way on.I Had help to mount the bed and didn't realize until I looked at the old one.Now I'm afraid to take long trips.Does anyone know where I can find some parts to...
  4. bg@f.ord

2002 Edge Starting problems

My Edge wouldn't start a couple weeks ago.I called my insurance for a free tow.Before they arrived,it started.Today I had the same problem.I tried starting it a few times over the next 30 mins.I didn't call for a tow.A man got on his smartphone and Googled to find the fuel pump shut off...
  5. bg@f.ord

2002 Edge Cranked with 31/10's

I had 31/10.50 r15's mounted on my (3.0) stock 2002 Edge .They cranked the torsions and aligned it.They charged me for a camber kit.They looked a little suspect when they did it.Does anyone know if the kit was necessary?,or did I just get robbed? Either way,I love the way it came out.Pics in the...
  6. bg@f.ord

31/10.50R15's on 2002 edge 3.0 stock wheels

I found a shop that is going to mount 31/10.50r15's on my stock wheels & crank the torsions & align.I'm doing this tomorrow.I hope it works ok.Discount tire told me that this was the largest tire I could use.I hope I got good info.The tires were given to me & I need tires.I'm concerned with gas...
  7. bg@f.ord

255 or 265/70R15 on 2002 Edge

In the next few days I want to crank the torsions & get an alignment & tires.I want to put 255 or 265/70R15 on my 2002 Edge.I was hoping to get some suggestions on what tires will look all terrain but last & If anybody has upgraded to these sizes.With torsion adjustment my Edge will appear to be...
  8. bg@f.ord

C.e. Light

If anybody noticed my check engine light problems.I have an update.I had to smog for registration.I wish my results were better,but that's not always the case.I had very low compression on one cylinder.I had a shop (friends of the family)handle it.After a V6 valve job,I feel like I'm driving a...
  9. bg@f.ord

2002 Edge belt tensioner

I need to remove my altenator.I believe I located the belt tensioner.Does it take an allen socket to adjust it?What's the torque value?Any help is appreciated.----------Brian
  10. bg@f.ord

2002 Edge check engine light

My check engine light came on a few months ago.I disconnected the battery,filled up with midgrade,& put some Lucas Fuel Treatment in it.Light dissapeared for months.It's Baaack.I bought it used @ Drew Ford @ about 70k.Now it's@120k.I wouuld be grateful for any suggestions.Maybe...
  11. bg@f.ord

2002 Ranger Edge Bodywork

I need to repair the front of my truck(Driver side headlight & turn signal light,grill,bumper & possibly valence.I live in San Diego,CA.Can I use a junkyard bumper.I could care less about the foglights.What year Rangers are compatable with my 2002 Ranger Edge?Is an aftermarket grill...
  12. bg@f.ord

Hello TRS from S.D,CA

I'm grateful to find a Ranger site whos first priority isn't trying to play me for all my $$$$$$$$.We can both put food on our table.I'm going to put a shortcut on my desktop.I have some improvements I want to do to my 2002 Ranger Edge.I feel your site is going to help.Thank You!,,,,,,Brian

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad