• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. NORRA Mexican 1000

I don't spend much time here but do stop by for help with problems. I want to report that we just finished our third NORRA Mexican 1000. We were 3rd in our class, also for the third year. 1987 Ranger 4.0, 5 speed, 456 8.8 on 33's.
  2. 4.0 in 87 what computer?

We have an 1991 Areostar auto. 4.0 going in an 87 Ranger W/5 speed. The donor is gone and we didn't save the computer. To be clear we are using the 5 speed trans. Also we found that our 2.9 had a computer for a 3.0 Taurus/Sable And if anything it seems to be like a performance upgrade. Is there...
  3. 4.0 with 87 MAP system

Can an 87 MAP system support a 4.0 motor swap. Yes, I know it is not the best choice but we do have that system complete. We are missing many parts as well as the wiring for the MAF system. So to refresh can it be made to run?
  4. Old VS. New

Two questions have come up. 1) Did the frames change when they went to the A arm front suspension? 2) Did the later (like 2000 and up) trucks have dual fuel tanks as an option? Thanks for the help!
  5. Valve spring pressure

My 4.0 has valve springs that test 75-80 pounds at installed hight. Can that be correct? My machinist (who drag races VW's) says even a stock VW spring has better pressure. A used one from off the bench tested at 120 pounds. Whats up?
  6. Injector question

I have an 87 w/ 2.9, 5 speed and 4.56 rear gears. I got a 4.0 from an Areostar, 93 I believe. Plan to use the ECU and harness from the Areostar. Heads and intake have been ported and a cam and headers to be ordered. While it is apart should I replace the injectors with something bigger? Do I...
  7. NORRA Ranger

Overall Motorsports is pleased to announce that their 1987 Ranger finished the NORRA Mexican 1000 Rally 3rd in class and 35th overall. The Ranger not only finished the 1100 mile rally/race but was driven 850 miles home to San Felipe, Mexico. This is a great result for a first race and on...
  8. Overall Motorsports

Overall Motorsports 1987 Ford Ranger finished the NORRA Mexican 1000 Rally 3rd in Vintage 4.0 L. leaf sprung truck/SUV class and 35th overall. This is a great result for the first race on a new truck and with a shoestring budget. Not only did the truck finish the 1100 mile race but it then...
  9. Looking for a why?

Pulled the computer (ECM) and it has 3.0 Taurus or Sable only HF printed on it. Ok? What is it doing in a '87 Ranger with a 2.9? Is it some sort of performance or milage modification? Any help out there?
  10. Cruddy wheels

I bought a set of aluminum wheels and they are in poor shape appearance wise. The clearcoat is mostly gone but some remains. Also there is bits of corrosion at the edges of the remaining clearcoat. How do I get these cleaned up and looking at least better? What to use to remove the clearcoat...
  11. 5$ at a time

Overall Motorsports is building a Ranger for the NORRA 1000 rally to be held May 5-9 2012. See our website at www.Overallmotorsports.com Please help spread the word! If you can tell 10 friends and they tell 10 friend we CAN achieve our goal and take a whole lot of you with us! Thanks for...
  12. Ranger to race at NORRA 1000 Rally

Overall Motorsports is pleased to announce the building and entry of their 1987 Ranger in the NORRA 1000 rally May5-9 2012. More info at www.OVERALLMOTORSPORTS.COM

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad