• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What is that soft tube connected to the air intake tube called

Happy New Year, I am not sure if I am in the right place to post my question. I need information about a part, what is the soft tube called, the one that is connected from the air intake tube to the engine head air inlet near the oil fill cap. The tube is like a soft foam which can be squeezed...
  2. Need advice for transmission jack adapter

Hello TRS, I need to replace the clutch slave cyclinder on a M5OD transmission On a 96 ranger XL 2.3OL and I am thinking of purchasing a transmission jack adapter. My main concern is, how wide is the transmission jack adapter or size Should I pick? This is the first time I'll be working with...
  3. Need Air Intake / Charge Temperature Sensor Connector

I need to replace the connector wire for the temperature sensor which is located on air intake tube that is connected from the air filter case to the throttle body. The wire with the plastic connector has somehow came disconnected and came in contact with the engine running hot and got melted...
  4. Is it a sheet metal strip or something else

What is the piece of metal that holds the weather door seal? On my 96 ranger the weather seal is not on the door but on the door frame. There is also no seal on the door (top and side) The only rubber seal on the door is on the bottom or underneath the door.Ok.. my problem is this, the weather...
  5. 96 ranger hood latch won't release

Hello TRS, I am not sure if I am posting on the right forum but I could not find any threads related to my problem. The hood latch will not release or the hood does not pop up when the hood release lever is pulled. I inspect the latch through the front grill with a long screw driver in hopes to...
  6. 96 A/C manifold assembly tube is it interchangeable

I bought a a/c manifold assembly to replace the original part because the port valve fell inside the port canister and could not be retrieved. I order the part from rockauto and made a request to return the item. But before I return the item I would like to find out if the assembly hose can be...
  7. from guam USA

Hello Iam from guam, which is outside the U.S way out in the south pacific. I am very intrested and to volunteer to bring the banner out side the U.S.. please PM me if it is allowed to go this far. Thanks
  8. Is this the rigth seatbelt for my 96 ranger?

I have just recently purchase a 3 point retractable seatbelt from seatbeltplus.com and had remove the original part and compared it with the new one. the new looks smaller then the original. according to seatbelt plus, the new part which is a 4inch with the saddle shape is close to a match to...
  9. Do I really need to use the 134a first charge

I really need a good advice about using or charging my a/c system with a first charge refrigerant after replacing the system with new compressor and hose lines, and accumulator.etc.. my friends say that it is okay to use any refrigerant recharge. but then I am skeptical because the refrigerant...
  10. How much refrigerant to add to 96 ranger 2.3

I need to know as to how much refrigerant should I add to my a/c system? I will be replacing just about all the a/c parts with the exception of line/hose. all the parts; compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, evaporator, and condenser are all new. I do know that I would have to flush out the...
  11. Need help with new a/c compressor

just bought a new a/c compressor for my 96 2.3L ranger, and the problem is that I don't know how much of the PAG 46 or correct amount to add if needed. the compressor is kind of hard to ID which is also I need help to know what kind is it:icon_confused: here is a picture of the unit, hope...
  12. Accumulator missing charging/discharging adaptor

I am a newbie for auto a/c system repair and I have spend over 3 and half months doing research on the ranger a/c system here on the TRS forums in which I found it to be very informative for just about all problems concerning the a/c system. the first thing I did is first of all get the a/c...
  13. EGR Tube, what is it really called

Hello, I need help as to what the EGR tube is called as a part number or name when trying to purchase one? people tells me, including the dealer that it is known as a EGR tube flange, is this true? I have tried google and yahoo serach engines, but no true results, they always come up with just...
  14. 96 ranger rpm needle jumps up and down when a/c is turn on

My rpm needle jumps up and down like crazy whenever I turn on my a/c and could hear noise coming from the engine while on idle speed or driveing at 35 miles or more. after this incident my on switch works just at the high fan setting only. I am thinking of replaceing the on swithch, because just...
  15. what kind of tool is used to removed a rounded off nut

Hi everyone, I am new to the ranger station and I hope that I am in the right place to post my question. I need to know what kind of tool I could use to remove the presure hose on my 96 ranger? I sort of round off the nut on the hose when I was trying to loosen it from the P/S pump, I did use a...
  16. New from Guam

I would like to say hello to everyone within the Ranger Station community from the island of Guam.:yahoo: in case anyone is wondering 'what is guam? Guam is an island located way out in the south pacific with people known or called chamorros. enough of the introduction, I joined the ranger...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad