• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Short squeal on start up

Hi guys, My 97 Ranger 4.0 started making a quick 1 second squeal on start up. It only does this when the engine is cold and the air temp is below around 35. It doesnt do it if the truck has been in the warm garage overnight, even though engine is cold. Its hard to locate since it happens so...
  2. Thermostat housing size

Hi guys, I need to replace my thermostat housing pipe, and rock auto offers a 35 and 40 mm size. I measured the diameter of my housing and doing the math it seems mine is neither, falls right between the two. Is there a quick way to know which fits my 97 4.0 ohv? Also is a 195 degree...
  3. Stumble during start

Hi guys, I have an issue with my 97 Ranger 4.0 . When I start the truck when is cold, it starts fine. When it gets up to temp and I shut down, and start again after 5-10 minutes, there is a slight stumble during starting. The truck does start and runs fine, and no check eng light. Anybody...
  4. Ranger fuel fill hose

Hi guys, Not sure if this was the right category for this question. I have a 1997 Ranger XLT with 6 foot bed NOT flareside. My question is which part # fuel filler hose assembly is correct for my truck. It has a 125" wheel base. Napa sells a Spectra p/n FN518 which states its for a 6 ft bed...
  5. Howling after clutch release

Hi guys, Need some input with a tranny, clutch problem. After starting out in first gear, releasing the clutch a loud howl is coming from the front end. Problem is very intermittent. Sometimes a week between howling. Doesn't happen if I release clutch very slowly. Seems to happen if I'm on...
  6. howling sound

Hi guys, If I put this question in the wrong section I apologize. My 97 Ranger 4X4 XLT ext cab 4.0 has a howling noise whenever I pass through 2000 RPM. It stops as soon as I go above or below 2000. It does this in either 2nd or 3d gear. It doesn't do it with the clutch in. Any ideas...
  7. Camshaft Synchronizer P/N??

Hi everyone, Great website / forum. I have a 1997 Ranger XLT with 4.0 OHV. I need to replace my camshaft synchronizer. I looked at Rock Auto and called my local Ford dealer and they both list 2 part numbers. One is 123mm in length ( F67Z12A362AAB) and the other is 132mm ( F67Z12A36AC) . Can...
  8. Cam shaft synchronizer

Hi everyone, Can someone tell me a definite way to determine which length Cam Synchronizer I need for my 1997 4.0 Ranger? Motorcraft, NAPA and Rock Auto both offer the 123MM and the 132mm length part. Being that this part is in a bad spot, I would like to be 100% sure of the part I buy before...
  9. Rear cylinder bore size?

Hi, I searched through the many threads in this section, but none seem to address my problem. I have a 97 4x4 w/ 4wheel abs. limited slip rear end. I know I have 10" rear brakes, but my question is how do I know what my rear cylinder bore size is? NAPA and Rock Auto offer a 13/16" and a...
  10. Water inlet tube

Hi everyone, I have a question about by my 1997 Ranger 4.0 liter. I changed out all my heater hoses yesterday, and found the water inlet tube on the intake manifold rusted / pitted. I cleaned up the corrosion and reassembled and so far no leaks.....I was wondering if anyone else has run into...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad