• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. My compressor clutch engages constantly

I replaced my ac compressor, accumulator & orfice tube last fall when the ac compressor went out. I flushed the system, put it on a vaccum & charged the system, everything worked fine but I did notice the compressor clutch would engage about every 30 seconds. Everything worked fine til last...
  2. 3:08 gears how common are they?

I'm looking to increase the mpg in my 96 ranger 2wd. It has the 2.3L with a 5 speed manual & 7 1/2" 3:73 gears. I'm going to start looking through the junk yards for a 3:08 rearend & it would be helpful to know which years & makes that rearend was common in. Thanks Lee
  3. engine swap options for a 96 XLT

What are my options for replacing the 2.3L Lima in my 96 Ranger XLT Better gas mileage is what I'm after. My old 2003 ranger got 29 mpg but this 96 barely gets 24 Are my options only between the 2.3 Lima & the 2.5??? Thanks Lee
  4. 96 Ranger 2.3L M5OD Whines real loud in 3rd & 5th gears

My daily commute to work doubled back in January so I've really been racking up the Hwy miles on my lil truck. It started about a week ago, shifting into both 3rd. & 5th. gears brought on a deffenant whine & rattle from the transmission, at times its rattling the gear shift so much that I have...
  5. AC blowing hot air

Yesterday on the drive home the AC in my 96 ranger XLT 2.3L decided I was cool enough. For the past 2 years my AC compressor / clutch has leaking grease or oil out of the pulley it hasn't been much & the AC has always worked perfectly. When I got home I popped the hood & noticed that the...
  6. Is it the slave cylinder??

I just bought a 96 ranger 5 speed 4 cylinder 2wd truck to commute to work in. Its always been tough to shift into second gear according to the previous owner. It made it almost a week before it started getting tough to go into 4th as well, then on Friday on 3 occasions it wouldn't shift into...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad