• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TillamookB2

Spacer plate?

When I got the 1991 4.0 for my 88 B2, it had a thin plate that went between the bellhousing and the engine. After cleaning, I could see that it has 'Auto' stamped on it. I'm using my FM146 transmission with the 4.0. Is this plate needed, or do I need a different one? The 4.0 came from a 1991...
  2. TillamookB2

88 Bronco II 4.0 Swap Thread

Here's my Bronco II. I had nowhere to do the 4.0 swap at the house, so we had to trailer it to the boat shop I was working at. Heres the donor Explorer. I picked it up for $200 and sold the doors to some guy who needed doors. Had to get a pic of my truck sitting next to the Humvee. The...
  3. TillamookB2

88 Bronco II 4.0 Swap clutch

I'm looking to order my new clutch for my 4.0 swap tomorrow. I know not all clutches are created equal, so I'd like to get any suggestions. I've got a light foot and I'm not looking to tow anything more than a 14' boat that weighs all of 500lbs on a trailer. I'm on a bit of a budget, so I'm...
  4. TillamookB2

4.0 Block Heater

Before I drop this 4.0 OHV into my B2, I want to put in a freeze plug type block heater. I've never done it before. Is there a preferred method?
  5. TillamookB2

Finally doing my 4.0 swap

After many years of wishing my 88 Bronco II had a 4.0, I have finally begun. I have the 2.9 out and off to the side and my 4.0, which came from a 1992 Explorer, is on the engine stand. The Bronco's engine bay and the 4.0 are both covered in a thick layer of grime. I have a pressure washer...
  6. TillamookB2

Bronco II Limited Slip

What would it take to get limited slip in my 7.5 rear end? Would I need to replace the entire rear axle? Or would it be possible to replace just the differential in my existing axle? Also, how would I make sure that my front and rear gear ratios match? Thanks for the help.
  7. TillamookB2

88 Bronco II 4.0 Project Question

I have an 88 Bronco II 2.9. I'm in the middle of swapping in a 4.0 from a 1991 Explorer. The y-pipe between the exhaust manifold and the cat was cut behind each flange because we had to move very suddenly and the Explorer couldn't come with us. We cut the y-pipe and pulled the motor and...
  8. TillamookB2

Pulling Exp 4.0 for B2 Question

I have a 1991 Explorer 4.0. I have the motor out and I'm working on pulling the wires. I have everything out from the passenger side from the computer to the headlights. The driver's side in the engine bay is out except for that damned plastic molex-type thing that goes thru the firewall near...
  9. TillamookB2

Need help on B2 4.0 swap

I'm taking the 2.9 out of my 88 Bronco II and replacing it with a 4.0 from a wrecked 1991 Explorer I bought for $200. The Bronco has an M5OD that will end up behind the 4.0. Anyway, I'm trying to get the wire off the side of the oil pan, which I believe goes to the oil level sensor. Its so...
  10. TillamookB2

88 Bronco II 4.0 Swap

Where is the computer needed for the 4.0 located in a 1992 Explorer? Also, does it completely replace the 2.9 computer in the Bronco II?
  11. TillamookB2

Another idle problem...

A few times over the last couple of days, I'll be driving along and my Bronco II will hiccup. Like it shuts off, but I'm still in gear at highway speed so it starts again immediately. The oil, brake, and check engine lights come on for just that half second and then they're off. As soon as I...
  12. TillamookB2

Strange fuel problem

I was driving the other day. The bronco just shut off. Like I had turned the key off. Except I didn't. We noticed the pump in the tank was not working. So, I replaced it with the sending unit and everything. Doesn't work. We have power at the fuse. We also checked the relay, which appears...
  13. TillamookB2

2.9 High Idle

I just cleaned the IAC valve to fix my low idle/dying issue. It now idles a bit high. Aside from the high idle, its a normal well-running gutless 2.9. Is there anything else that may need cleaning or adjusting? I'd let you know the RPMs, but somehow, my tach needle broke... The housing and...
  14. TillamookB2

2.9 Strange idle

I have an 88 B2 with the 2.9. Occasionally it will die if I'm turning the wheel sharply with my foot off the gas. Like, going into a parking space. If I leave it to idle, as in a drive-thru or warming up for a few minutes in the morning, it'll rev up a little, down a little, up a little, down...
  15. TillamookB2

Radio resets itself randomly

I have some whatever cd player in the dash of the B2. I drive it for work and it seems that two or three times a day, the radio clears its memory. On motor start, the radio doesn't turn on. I have to press the power button. Its always sometime between when I stop the motor and when I start...
  16. TillamookB2

Wacky Tach

I don't know when it happened... But not too long ago, my tachometer told me that at an idle, it was going just over Zero RPM. I became suspicious and shut off the truck. My RPM dropped to somewhere around the fuel gauge. The tach needle moves normally, its just way off. What might have...
  17. TillamookB2

Explorer to Bronco II?

I have a 1993 Explorer in my yard that just received brand-spankin new brake pads and rotors up front, as well as the outer bearings. After the new brakes, the engine crapped out beyond repair. Will the rotors and pads fit my 1988 Bronco II, which needs both?
  18. TillamookB2

Battery dead?

My 88 B2 suddenly lost power. Even the dome lights were out. We hooked up jumper cables straight to the battery terminals (Not good, I know) and all the electrical worked just fine. We let the cables work on the battery for a few minutes and when I turned the key I got rapid clicking and then...
  19. TillamookB2

Water guards?

When I go thru a puddle faster than twenty or thirty mph, water splashes up onto my belts and they screech for a while. I've done the can-shaped K&N Air Filter mod and I'd like to keep as much water out as possible. Do any companies make a splash guard for the B2 that goes under the belts? If...
  20. TillamookB2

Electrical Issues

I've got an 88 B2 with the 2.9. My windshield wipers, radio, and water temperature gauge all shut off. Randomly, they will all come back on at the same time, but then all die shortly after at the same time. All the fuses are good. Any idea where the issue might be?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad