• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. schaffer

replacement body mounts for a 1998

Im looking to replace all the body mounts on my 98 ranger. before you say,just get a body lift,i already have one. I want to get rid of it. I no longer have a need for the bigger tires that the body lift provides. In fact i've gone for 33's down to 31's and they look tiny.That and they are in...
  2. schaffer

Hitches for rangers.

So I've decided to look for a hitch my ranger. It's a 98,ext cab,4wd. I can get a hitch at the u pull it yard for 15 bucks. I couldn't find a single one on a ranger but a few on explorers. It looked like most of them were mounted differently. Any idea what year range explorers,if any,would...
  3. schaffer

63s or expo leafs. Which would you do.

After going over my ranger I've realized that my leafs are shot. The ride quality is terrible and makes the truck no fun to ride in. It appears that the pervious owner took the overload leaf out ,leaving my with 3 leafs. I drove about 4-5 months with 300 pounds of sand in the back for traction...
  4. schaffer

Speedometer issue(yes I checked all the usual issues)

I have a 98 ranger. 4wd,5 speed,4.0 etc. My speedo does not work. I changed the sensor. Checked all the fuses it could be. Checked the wires for a short. I'm stumped. What could it be!
  5. schaffer

Schaffer ranger rebuild.

I bought this truck in October of 2010. I had a 2wd Dakota,then a scumfire. When I got a new job I decided I wanted a new truck. Was looking at rangers and Dakota's. It had to be 4wd,ext can and a stick. I goin this ranger local for a good price A 1998 ext cab,4.0 with a five speed. This one...
  6. schaffer

Bed lining the floor of the cab.

Had anyone done this? The carpet in my ranger was thrashed,got wet,so I yanked it out. Rather than find another carpet,I thought why not bedline it. I've seen a few kits at auto parts stores,Wal Mart,etc. Walmart had gallons of the rustoleum for around 45 bucks,while the Herculiner and other...
  7. schaffer

Anyone using the warn hubs on the 98-00 rangers?

Ive searched but couldn't come up with anything about this. I like everyone else with the vacuum pulse hubs,hate them. I thought about going with the live axle set-up,but I've replaced most of my front end comments. Also thought of going with the avm/rugged Ridge setup but heard mixed...
  8. schaffer

anyone use ebay parts?

I've used ebay for some parts before,some body parts,interior,etc,but never for anything else.I need some front end parts(upper control arms and a wheel bearing) I know the old saying you get what you pay for,but has anyone had good experiences with ebay parts?
  9. schaffer

1998 alignment issues.

So I've have my 98 for about a year now, a 4.0,4wd,5 speed supercab.I drove it as a daily up until 4 months ago when I got a car for school and used the truck as an offroad toy.I find myself wanting to daily it again.its in great shape still but the front end is out of alignment pretty bad...
  10. schaffer

98 4wd ranger wheel bearing replacement

Anyone have a write up on doing it? Mine went out on my way to work and im going to be changing it in the parking lot at work. I assume I just take the wheell off,caliper,rotor and unbolt the hub assemly and like the bearing out.then slide the new assembly in and bolt it all back up. Don't...
  11. schaffer

whats broke that would cause my lower ball joint to ride on the rim.

Im coming up the mountain to work and my foot goes way down on the brake pedal and I hear griding from the passenger side wheel. Get out to see the bottom of the lower ball joint is riding on the rim and some steam coming from where the cv axle goes into the nut. Is it possible I didn't...
  12. schaffer

anyone using a cutout?

Thinking about running a cutout on my ranger,manual pull cable style. I know some of them get rusted or leak,but im worried about welding the cast iron to the steel exhaust pipe...is it possible? Id rather have it welded than just have either end of the exhaust slip into the cutout making a...
  13. schaffer

anyone done this with the vacuum hubs?

I realize the best thing to do is to swap out to the manual hubs,they are stronger and hold up better,plus you know they are locked. Butttt...I don't have the money for the manual hubs right now...so I figure this would be the next best thing to make sure they are locked. Here's the link...
  14. schaffer

getting a lean code on both banks possible cause?

I have a 98..4.0,4wd,5 speed ranger...I keep getting a lean code on both banks. Possible my fuel pump is going out...the truck is at 178k...or is my fuel filter clogged??
  15. schaffer

what could cause my egr sensor to burn up?

So yesterday when I came home my truck felt like it wanted to die,like a vacuum line had popped off. So I popped the hood and started looking and the egr sensor was charred where the vac lines hook up. Any idea how this could happen?
  16. schaffer

need your votes!...cousin and buddy trying to win a photographer for their wedding.

My cousin and one of my buddies are getting married,they are entered in a contest to win a photographer for all the wedding photos. Any of your votes would be great. This is the link...nicole and dan,at the bottom of the page.they are pictured infront of a waterfall...
  17. schaffer

skids to protect the radiator

Looking for a way to protect my radiator,I knowone of these days im gonna put a rock into it wheeling. Thinking about just getting some 1/4 inch plae and attaching it it to the front cross member and the bumper support. Thoughts?...what do you guy have protecting your radiator?
  18. schaffer

differences in the 93-97 and 98+ bumper mounting points on the ranger

I've been trying to find a bumper for my 98 ranger,something offroad orentiated that I could mount lights to,possibly some tow points and maybe a skid plat.im also obviously looking for some more protection. I've found a few bumpers,but all for the 93-97 flavor,but not alot for the 98+.Maybe im...
  19. schaffer

which intake manifolds would fit my 4.0

Long story shot...I need a new intake.by some freak accident my truck rolled backwards while in gear causing my intake to explode. I assume any year ohv 4.0 should work right. Also am I correct in assuming the sohc 4.0 wont work. Thanks
  20. schaffer

Anyone with welding skills in PA intrested in building some stuff for me?

I've been looking at getting some protection for the front end of my truck,such as a bumper,a skid or two,and some rock sliders. I'd honestly give it a shot if i had a welder,but i dont and most of the local wheeling shops want an arm and a leg or won't do it. I have an idea of what kind of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad