• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 92ranger18

Rust repair

I have a 92 Ranger that i want to do a resto mod type project with. I want it to look original until i pop the hood. It will have a carbed 302 with an aod trans. The main problem is rust in the front corners of the cab. Some in the floor pans an some where the door hinges bolt to the cab. Can i...
  2. 92ranger18

Motor for hunting truck

I have a 1992 ranger with a 3.0 v6. It doesnt run. The guy i got it from said it was a burnt valve. I havent fooled with it much i only payed $300 for it. I can get a running chevy 2.5l 4 cylinder with 5 speed for $400. The 2.5 was TBI but i converted it to carb for my buddy that has it. How...
  3. 92ranger18

transmission question

This is probably the wrong place for this, but I am planning a project that involves a 3.0 out of a 1992 ranger. I want to build a mid to rear engine rock crawler/bouncer. That being said I'm gonna weld the diff in the front wheel drive transmission and mount it all sideways and the transmission...
  4. 92ranger18

question about cooling a projet.

Im in the process of mounting a ninja 600 motor on a Yamaha warrior 350 frame, well I have the motor mounted just need to finish welding, mount the gas tank, wire it up and a bunch of nit picky stuff. one hurdle I cant seem to get over is cooling. I don't have enough room to use the bikes...
  5. 92ranger18

Homemade supercharged 3.0.

I just bought a 92 ranger with a 3.0that has a burnt valve. Since i dont have much in the truck i sont want to drop alot of cash in it. I have an M62 supercharger i want to adapt to it. I know i will have to fabricate an adapter to mount it to the 3.0. I bought it to experiment with forced...
  6. 92ranger18

Manual or auto?

I just bought a 92 ranger with a 3.0 for $300 with a burnt valve. I wanted to throw some cheap mods on it after a top end rebuild. It is an automatic. I want to use it as a beater truck to run around town in and play at the local drag strip with. Just something to do while i build a mild 302 to...
  7. 92ranger18

Crane Cams stud mount conversion kit

Has anyone used this conversion on a set of E7s. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/crn-36655-16
  8. 92ranger18

Motor choice

Ive had a 302 in my ranger before and it blew a head gasket or something because it was rinning hot bubbling through the rad and blowing alot of water out the exhaust. Soipulled it to replace the gaskets and do some cleaning up inthe engine bay. Then i came across a running 351w out of a 1974...
  9. 92ranger18

Is this cam too big

Is this cam too big for a completely stock bottom end and ported heads with upgraded springs? http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1063&sb=2 Sent from my iPhone while being bored
  10. 92ranger18

Budget motor build questions

I have a stock '87 302 block bored .040 over(308 correct me if im wrong) with stock stroke pistons and rods and roller cam. I want to build a budget motor with mostly stock parts and what ever i can get free or cheap. I have a set of E7 heads and an edelbrock intake. I want to run a holley carb...
  11. 92ranger18

351w efi swap in completely gutted ranger

I want to do a 351w swap in my 1992 ranger. It is completley stripped no interior and mo ranger wiring harness in the cab or engine compartment. I have read articles in the tech section and have done a search on the web. I havent found any straoght forward answers to my question. This willbe a...
  12. 92ranger18

V8 mower

Thats right a v8 mower. I was looking on the web the other day at v8 mowers. And it hit me like a ton of bricks, a right angle gear box. I know you are probably think, a right angle gear box, hiws that gonna help. Well heres what ive came up with, use the pullies on the front of the motor to...
  13. 92ranger18

351w stroker or 460 stroker?

What would be a better stroker build 351w or 460? And why? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  14. 92ranger18

Building a front suspension

I am planning to build a mustang II front suspensin for my Ranger. I am wanting to cut the frame rails in front of the firewall and replacing it with two straight pieces of 2x3 or 2x4 tubing. What thickness wall should i use? The reason for replacing the factory frame rails is because the...
  15. 92ranger18

E85 stroker build?

Whats the differencer between a stroker build on 97 octane or race fuel and a stroker on e85? Just a thought. Are there any advantages with e85 over the other type fuels? What parts if any are different? Stuff like that. Sent from behind the wheel of the work van.
  16. 92ranger18

Any one used the weld up roll cage kit from Jegs?

Like the title says, has anyone tried a roll cage kit for a Ranger from Jegs? How did it work ouy? Thank Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  17. 92ranger18

Ranger brake up grade.

I am wanting to upgrade to bigger brakes on my ranger. It will be a strip only truck and i want it to stop when i mash the pedal. Are there any conversions i can do to get bigger calipers and rotors up front and i also have an Explorer rear end with disc brakes any upgrades for it. Thanks in...
  18. 92ranger18

Efi swap in completely gutted ranger?

I have a 92 ranger 2 wheel drive that was completely gutted of all the wiring in the cab and engine bay. Is an efi swap even feasable since the is no ranger wiring harness left. The reason i ask is i want to run efi and turbo on a 351w stroket to a 393 or 408. I know i will need bigger injecters...
  19. 92ranger18

Leal street racing tire selection

There is a group of people that rent the parking lot of our local drag strip to hold street racing like the show street outlaws. It is an 1/8 mile raceon asphalt and im wondering what tires i could use to get the most traction on the asphalt. These willue going on my v8 ranger wheni get it done...
  20. 92ranger18

351w vs 302?

I have a 351w and 302 that both run and was wondering with would be better to put in my ranger with a 5 speed transmission. In the mean time i will save up and build a stroker out of the other motor. What do you guys think?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad