• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1986 2.9 won't start after overhaul

We're rebuilding my sons truck after he rolled it this winter.Build thread here http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125299 I overhauled the engine and can't get it to start. It cranks like a mofo,just won't light. Here's what I've done so far to figure it out. 1. Verified...
  2. School me on building radius arms.

Now, I have the fab skills and tools. But I do not know about the math and measurements involved. I'm working on my sons truck after he rolled it. We're switching from 4x4 to 4x2. I picked up some 2wd beams that are 3-1/4" wider. What I'm needing to figure out is, how to measure for the new...
  3. Steiger Man's rebuild after the Great Rollover of 2012

OK, So most know that my son rolled his truck. Here is the build thread. We'll be rebuilding it until it's finished or until I scrap it. Whichever comes first. I'm thinking I'll change it to 2wd and auto.Then put some sort of ghetto long travel setup in it. Maybe move the engine back a few...
  4. My Son rolled his Ranger.

Well My son went out slinging donuts in the mud out on a farm with his buddies. He ran out of mud while completely slideways and rolled it twice, threw it up on the front bumper and is spun around twice.Then landed on it's side. Here are some pics. We're going to put a new cab on it and keep...
  5. Air filter box/2 piece heat shroud or 1 piece?

OK. My sons truck is an 86 4x4 std cab 2.9 liter. I took it in for California smog testing and it passed the emmissions portion. But it failed the visual inspection The idle was too high and the timing wasn't perfect. These are simple enough to fix. I called around today and found a few places...
  6. Where to get a COMPLETE engine harness?

I'm fed up with messing around with wires and nonsense! Where can I get a COMPLETE engine harness. The previous owner should hanged for what he did to the wiring on this truck. The wires are bare everywhere, solderless connectors everywhere. When I first got the truck it would not start, so I...
  7. Pics of projects past from a new Member

ENJOY! 96 SAS Tacoma On the Con Baja Bug I sold before finishing Datsun truck :headbang:
  8. Noisy starter.

Man,I recently got My Sons Ranger running.The starter sounds horrible!The thing is so noisy!It sounds like an old Chevy that has it's starter shimmed too tight,and the bendix it too close th the Flywheel ring gear.Could it be the whong starter? It's bolted up tuchtly and appears to be the...
  9. Got it to run today!!!

Hey Guys, I'm still a new guy here.I've posted a few questions and have recieved great responses.I'm sure this was basic stuff to the Ranger Veterans,but to this new guy it's all new. Well I went out to look at the truck today,Had a no-start condition, so I broke out the Haynes manual and...
  10. Inertia switch location?

Hey all,I'm a total Ranger newb.I can't seem to find the inertia switch on My Sons 86 4x4 2.9l Ranger.We just got the truck and I do not hear the fuel pump when the key is first turned on.The truck will not start.But it will run on an alternate fuel source (Gas fogged into intake,I DO NOT...
  11. Ranger Newb...

Hey all, My Son and I just picked up His 86 ranger 4wd.We traded His 81 Datsun custom rock Crawler for it.It seems to have potential if it were running.I found this site while studying up on the problem with the truck.it's a 1986 ranger longbed 2.9l v6.It has a trailmaster "lift kit" on it.some...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad