• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. whisperer

piston ring cross usages

Hastings historically also sells single sets (for one piston) so the info should be out there to confirm a cross between these. In other words “sets” are just made up of multiple single rings. There was a long time that you could buy just one ring…. Yes, one compression ring please! (and people...
  2. whisperer

Need Interchange info for a 96 Mazda 2.3L?

I have searched several places, including the FAQs but am getting conflicting info. I have a 96 B2300 that I need to find a replacement engine for. It is a DIS with 8 plug head. The FAQ says 95-01 is the same. Other info says 95-97 is the same. BTW the Mazda engine is junk internally, Burnt...
  3. whisperer

Bed Compatibility

Does anybody know what are the years that beds are interchangeable? More specifically I found a great deal on an almost perfect 92 bed with tailgate. The one on my 88 has a few days of bodywork before it's sweet and the tailgate is crap. These are both short beds and styleside 6' beds. Can I...
  4. whisperer

SE Ranger?

I have an 88 short bed/reg cab Ranger that has what appears to be original black paint, at least on most of it, and it has gold stripes down the sides with a SE at the back of the stripes on the rear of the bed. I thought the SE was a Mazda thing. Did some dealer just put the Mazda stripe kit on...
  5. whisperer

Chrome "Paddle" mirrors?

Has anybody seen these? I need new mirrors for my 88 and can only find black.
  6. whisperer

Don't cut your heater box!

The plastic that the heater box is made from is some kind of styrene and responds well to heat. All I did to make clearance for the valve cover was to mark the area that needed to clear, heat it up with my heat gun and push it back. It took literally 3 minutes. The box is fairly thin material...
  7. whisperer

Wheelbase question, or, My one piece driveshaft doesn't fit

This is on my 96 B2300 2WD Xtra cab. The 2 piece shaft had a bad center bearing and the u-joints were getting tired again so I just figured it was time to do the one piece driveshaft conversion. I bought a sweet one piece aluminum shaft from the local wrecker. It came out of a 2000 ranger Xtra...
  8. whisperer

Slow-ish wipers on high speed.

My wipers have always run slow since I got this truck, at least compared to my other RBV and FS trucks. The fast speed is about the same as the slow on everything else. All the speeds DO work, it doesn't seem to be a control or switch problem. I pulled the gearbox cover on the motor and the...
  9. whisperer

Kinda a 911 in Casa Grande AZ - Driveshaft?

THIS HAS BEEN FIXED - Thanks. My daughter is broke down in Casa Grande AZ because the carrier bearing froze and tore up the front driveshaft. I'm 3000 miles away. The truck is a 96 Mazda B2300 2wd 5 spd Xcab. Anybody have one of these somewhere close to local? Also, I did search, but won't a...
  10. whisperer

11MPG and Code 41 - FIXED

My original posts are gone on this problem that told the whole story. Don't know what happened, I'm back to 0 posts, my profile is gone and I seem to be "Reset". Anyway.... I had been having this really crappy running problem where after engine warm up I would lose serious power on the highway...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad