• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Random steering shimmy - can't figure it out

My '08 Ranger with coils in the front has developed a weird, random steering shimmy at speeds over 50mph. It comes and goes and is never at a constant speed. It seems to get more violent at higher speeds however. It's at the point where I have to stay off freeways because I can't hold the...
  2. Cold Weather Starting Issue

Hello everyone, well, with the cold weather upon us in Canada a weird condition has started occuring with my 2008 Ford Ranger XL 2.3 5spd. At temperatures just below freezing, there is a slight 1 second delay between turning the key to start position and the starter rotating. As the weather...
  3. Weird cold weather starting issue

Hello everyone, well, with the cold weather upon us in Canada a weird condition has started occuring with my 2008 Ford Ranger XL 2.3 5spd. At temperatures just below freezing, there is a slight 1 second delay between turning the key to start position and the starter rotating. As the...
  4. Piece inside fender loose - can't figure out what it is???

Hello, While installing mudflaps on my 2008 Ford Ranger XL I noticed my driver's side inner fender is not tucked inside my fender anymore. It won't even fit! The fender, inner fender, etc. are aftermarket after a colision and it looks like the body shop used cheap pieces that don't fit...
  5. Truck vibrates when taking off in 1st gear

I have a 2008 Ranger 2.3 4 cyl. with the 5 speed manual transmission. My mileage is 45,000 miles. I purchased the truck brand new in 2008; ever since new it has always vibrated a little when taking off in 1st gear. Never really thought anything of it but it appears to be getting worst now...
  6. Clunk from the rear when driving over bumps

Hello everyone, I have a 2008 regular cab 4 cyl 5spd shortbox Ford Ranger that has started making a clunk when driving at an angle over speedbumps. The clunk occurs when one of the two rear wheels travels over a speedbump. I can "feel" the clunk in the floor of the truck when it occurs. It...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad