• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97Ranger_XLT

Lower intake removal with valve covers on?

Can I do it? Spraying coolant out everywhere right where lower intake meets head in the rear, at the rubber tab...if that makes since. Kicking myself now cause I just replaced valve cover gaskets this winter...should have replaced lower intake gasket as well! Damn!
  2. 97Ranger_XLT

Replacing oil adapter o-ring

Getting ready to replace oil filter adapter o-ring...seems pretty straight forward. Remove oil filter, remove bolt attaching adapter to block, replace o-ring. Anything I am missing? Looks pretty tight inside the exhaust manifold do I need to remove it? Thanks fellas
  3. 97Ranger_XLT

Trac Loc spring in open diff?

Someone educate me...can you throw a Trac Loc spring in an open diff, thus equal a limited slip??:icon_confused:
  4. 97Ranger_XLT

driveline swap flange issue?

Ok fellas, didnt know where else to put this...figured since driveline turned the rear axle I would put it here. So down to the last four bolts on the swap and noticed my 2001 driveline going into my 1997 doesnt match at transfer case? Read the write up and some where saying get an adapter. Can...
  5. 97Ranger_XLT

BII spare tire carrier on Ranger?

What do you guys think, a Bronco II spare tire carrier on a Ranger?? Is it possible or has anybody got photos?? I think it would be a good way to carrier a oversize spare, hi lift and even a jerry can.
  6. 97Ranger_XLT

Transfer case floor shift swap??

I have a switch to engage 4x4 but have manual hubs in my 97 Ranger like many of you. Is it possible to swap manual transfer case floor linkage from a 96 into my truck? Or do you have to swap transfer cases? Was 96 the only year of floor shift for transfer case? I would like to bypass 4x4 "dial."...
  7. 97Ranger_XLT

Transfer case manual shift linkage swap??

I have a switch to engage 4x4 but have manual hubs in my 97 Ranger like many of you. Is it possible to swap manual transfer case floor linkage from a 96 into my truck? Was 96 the only year of floor shift for transfer case? I would like to bypass 4x4 "dial." I do know there is a product that...
  8. 97Ranger_XLT

p1443 code??

CEL came on and pulled a p1443 code. I changed out the purge solenoid and put a new gas cap on, however, the CEL came back on after about 15 minutes. What is my next step?? All the hoses look good, all that is left is canister and flow sensor? Can they be cleaned or do they just need to be replaced?
  9. 97Ranger_XLT

Ranger club in MT??

Anybody know if there is a 4x4 club in Montana. Seems like there has been but they just fade away? I think a few jeep clubs come out to NW Montana to ride the Blacktail OHV trail but that is all I know.
  10. 97Ranger_XLT

Hi

On my second Ranger now, had a 93 3.0 4x4 with 320000 miles on it then sold it for a 91 F-250 4x4. Sold that and now I have a 97 Ranger 4x4 4.0 and love it but it has some issues that I am working through so I will be on here a lot. Thanks for the welcome.
  11. 97Ranger_XLT

Anti theft bug, after MAF fix??

So I bought a 1997 Ranger couple weeks ago and the guy said there are some electrical bugs in it. Most I have fixed some coming back. One that came back was the MAF tripping the CEL, so cleaned it reinstalled the neg wire to battery. It started fine, no CEL and went on my way. Stop later shut...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad