• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '91 Ranger Clutch line problem

I just did a clutch change on my sister's '91 4X4. We put in a brand new clutch slave, throw out bearing, clutch and pressure plate. Everything is back together but the clutch line from the master to the slave will not click into place. I have tried as much force as I can muster and it just...
  2. '90 Ranger 2.9L Pilot Bearing Removal

I am doing a clutch change on my sisters Ranger. When attempting to remove the pilot bearing, it came apart leaving the outer sleeve stuck. In otherwords, the inner bearing housing and all the needle bearings came out but I am unable to get the outer race to budge. I have tried pounding it...
  3. 1990 Ranger Transmission removal

The clutch in my sister's 1990 Ranger went out and we are having trouble getting the tranny out. I have it on the transmission lift but the bell housing does not seem to clear the exhaust on the bottom, or the firewall at the top of the tunnel as I attempt to slide it rearward. Has anyone...
  4. 2.8L Head cooling modification

I read about drilling two holes in the 2.8L heads to improve cooling but then another source said to drill four holes. Has anyone actually done this mod who knows which is correct? The gasket has openings for four holes around the center cylinder but the tech section of the Ranger Station...
  5. 2.9L-2.8L differences?

I need to replace my 2.8L (bottom end is shot and have some scoring on cylinder walls). I have a 2.9 short block available. Is it possible to just use the 2.9 block and bolt on my 2.8L heads and manifold? What if any significant differences are there between the two? Also, if someone has...
  6. '84 losing automatic tranny fluid

My '84 BII has a static leak in the transmission system somewhere. It leaks about 3 teaspoons in a 12 hour period as it sits in the driveway. Left long enough, it will completely drain the tranny. I have had the pan removed, new filter and pan gasket installed by Ford. It still leaks as...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad