• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Converting Merc. Mountaineer 98 5.0 to 20g cell/inline pump

So I'm start to get into some more major mods these days on my 98 Mounty and I've been hanging on to this badass 20 or 25gallon aluminum fuel cell I got awhile back and also have this super nice rail mounted inline pump... I already have a switch panel made up and installed and I always planned...
  2. TTB DANA 50 knckles???

I've read on pirate and a few other sites guys saying that te knuckles on a Dana 50 TTB front end are the same as a front Dana 60.... Anybody here have any real world experience with this and can tell me either way??? Cause I can get a whole TTB 50 front right now for free.... Thanx guys!
  3. Brakes completely locked up!!!

Please help brakes wont release! First let me start by saying I have a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0L V8 with the 5R55W trans, and 8.8rear with 3.73gears an LSD, and ABS... My problem happen when I was just driving along earlier today and the next thing I know i feel pressure in the...
  4. Tranny Problem NEED BEARING PART # ASAP!!!

So I recently bought a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer, its a 2wd model with the 5.0L engine... All in all I got an amazing deal on the rig, But I had a pretty narly "clacking" noise coming from underneath, originally I was convinced I had a bad u-joint in my driveline but both are perfect and were...
  5. i need help with finding straight axle, 86 ranger 4x4

I think ya it would be a nice setup only if it was an 8.8 or a 9 i dont know and if it had discs. . . and i mean its gonna either cost more or take more time to swap it in verse an 8.8 from a truck or explorer. . . Somebody else will hopefully chime in on this but i do know if u look in the...
  6. d30 sas swap help please

I gotta ask. . . if u have done an SAS in the past why r u going to use stock parts and a whimpy dana 30? what did u have under there before?? and what type of suspension did u have using a trackbar????:D
  7. i need help with finding straight axle, 86 ranger 4x4

Really depends on how hard you are on it and what you do with it. If u DD it and wheel it on the weekends, then id say go with the 35 way less work and as far as i know none to very little custom work involved:icon_thumby: If u drop i v8 and 35s on it id be more worried about the 7.5 in the...
  8. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

Haha ya exactly i did the whole car thing for awhile and is all it got me was a bunch of tickets:icon_idea: I live in a pretty small town where all the cops know me by first name basis and owning a truck keeps ya under their radar for the most part!!! And ya i beat this thing pretty good, i...
  9. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

Hmmm my 87 doesnt maybe cause its all stock and an old mans truck?:icon_rofl:
  10. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

Haha no worries man, I think the main problem i have is im used to driving a 79 350 and a77 250 one with a 14bolt and one with a 60 in the rears, so im kinda acustomed to beating on my axles pretty hard. . . But honestly i can stand swappin shafts out the thing that i cant stand nemore is the...
  11. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

I know u guys with TTB dont really have to deal with it, but its a pretty natural thing on the IFS rangers for them to lean towards the drivers side!:thefinger: these things definetly didnt come balanced from the factory, my gas tank is on the drivers side and i rarely ever have a passenger so...
  12. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

Like i said this is middle of the metamorphasis, it will be on atleast 36's but i think i scored a screaming deal on some 39in iroks today so i guess its 39s:headbang: I have another 87 4x4 ranger im going to be eventually dding once i replace the heads on the 2.9:bawling: So this is...
  13. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

Like i said multiple people learning how to drive a stick dumping the clutch sure as hell didnt help. . . and yes i drive hard (stupid) sometimes. . . If i fricken smoke a 70 im in trouble. . . isnt this the whole point tho of working on ur own rig???? You get to make it urs and find what...
  14. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

Ya it was a 28spline, so ya it didnt help but wasn't worth the time to upgrade the explorer version. . . especially since in my neck of the woods they go fo$300 or more usually and i have a total of $110 into the whole 70 swap:icon_thumby: But ya im hopefully starting the SAS after the new...
  15. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

32s:thefinger: haha but im pretty hard on it, and it sure as hell doesnt help it was spooled up in the rear:shok: which driving it daily definetly adds more stress:bawling: Honestly after 3 snapped shafts and 1 spun axle tube it was just time to upgrade!:headbang: I think it has alot to do...
  16. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

it actually sits perfectly level side to side and front to back now. . . and yes for the time being i have 5lug front and 8lug rear:thefinger: I have my 8lug 44 sitting in my garage just still collecting parts. . . I had to kinda rush the rear in my truck since i blew another shaft in the...
  17. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

"][/URL]"][/URL] HAHAHAH figured it out, so here u can clearly see the dana 70 and also how low and wide my rig is now ;)
  18. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

Im trying im omputer illiterate. . . I need a photobucket account i think:icon_confused:
  19. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

SO i just got done with swapping a dana 70b in the rear of my 98 ranger, I got sick of blowing shafts and eating up the outer wheel bearings with the shaft! Not to mention im driving a virtually stock truck and have also spun an axle tube so it was time for more beef!!!! It came in the form of...
  20. ford 9" in ford a 93 ranger

Just to clarify. . . YES u can turn around corners YES ur tires screach on tight one YES it wears out ur tires quicker YES u can whimp perfect donust YES its super fun and well worth and YES i run either a spool or just welded on ALL my rigs:thefinger: People always talk shit about spools on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad