• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. shr3dd3r 09

Stripping the dash down to the firewall

Good point about the air chamber at the top. The noise from the engine seems to mostly be coming from behind the radio in the center, about the same height as the top of the engine. My truck does have a formed mat on the firewall. I can see it looking under the dash. It looks like some black...
  2. shr3dd3r 09

I'm not really afraid of the work considering all I've done to the truck. My only worry is I'll get it stripped down and then find out I can't really add much sound deadener for fear of causing fitment issues when reinstalling everything. But I guess I won't know until I try. The truck is down...
  3. shr3dd3r 09

It's far too precious. It has absorbed so much blood, sweat, tears, and foul language from me it would be like cutting off my arm. :ROFLMAO:
  4. shr3dd3r 09

That's hard to do with a 4BT under the hood. I think a lot of people that do these swaps sorely underestimate just how much noise those paint shakers can transmit into the cab. Mine, even with all the sound deadening I have done, reads about 74dB in the driver seat at 70mph in overdrive, and...
  5. shr3dd3r 09

Has anyone here ever removed the dash and basically everything to get down to the bare firewall? I'm considering doing this in order to apply some serious sound deadening material to the firewall on the inside of the cab. I have a Cummins 4bt in my 2000 ranger and it is very loud (to say the...
  6. shr3dd3r 09

M5odr2

Does anyone have a wealth of knowledge about the m5r2 transmission found in the f150s? I was curious if there is an official horsepower/torque rating for these transmissions. I have not been able to locate an official number, only these specs below: http://www.f150hub.com/trans/m5od-r2.html...
  7. shr3dd3r 09

Skid Plate with Body Lift

My 2000 4x4 ranger has a 3 inch body lift, so the factory front skid plate now has approximately a 2" gap between it and the bumper. Are there any aftermarket plates that look good on body lifted rangers? I'd rather avoid trying to modify the factory plate or fabbing a new one. Sent from my...
  8. shr3dd3r 09

31 spline swap brake lines

So I just finished an explorer 8.8 swap in my ranger, and the rubber line on the axle won't quite reach up to my hard line on the frame and still mount to the frame using the factory bracket. I rigged it by bending the hard line around the bracket, but ideally I'd like to get an extension and...
  9. shr3dd3r 09

Build a 28 spline or swap a 31 spline?

So I have a Cummins 4bt in my 2000 4x4 ranger. It has 4.10 gears and at some point soon I'd like to re gear to 3.07/3.08 to keep the 4bt in it's power band and still be able to cruise 70-75 around 1800-2000 rpm. I have 33 inch tires currently. So I can either re gear my stock open 28 spline...
  10. shr3dd3r 09

Sway Bar Missing Hardware?

I have a 2000 Ranger 4x4. The other day I noticed that the "spacer" or whatever it is where the sway bar/anchor bar connects to the lower control arm on the passenger side is missing. There is a nut and a spacer of some sort connected on the driver side lower control arm where the sway bar...
  11. shr3dd3r 09

2000 Ford Ranger Cummins 4bt

Well here's my truck... I'll post more pics when I get a chance. It's a 2000 regular cab 4x4 with 4.10 gears (will need a taller ratio eventually). It used to have a 3.0 in it, then a 5.0...and now a Cummins 3.9 :) Mods: 1989 VE pumped Cummins 4BT M5OD-R2 transmission BW4406 electronic shift...
  12. shr3dd3r 09

Transfer case shift motor

Are the shift motors for the bw1354 and bw4406 transfer cases the same? I know the electrical plugs are different, but as far as I know they are wired the same. Looking to swap one from a 1354 to a 4406 since the 4406 has a bad one. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  13. shr3dd3r 09

Axle Swap or Gear Swap?

I have a 2000 Ranger 4x4 with 4.10 gears that I just swapped a Cummins 4BT into. It runs and drives great, but at some point I'm going to need taller gears to really be able to cruise well on the interstate. I think a 3.07 or 3.08 gear would work perfect. Right now my rear axle is a 28 spline...
  14. shr3dd3r 09

Clutch Differences

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 that I just swapped a Cummins 4bt into. The 4bt has the Ford-Cummins flywheel and bellhousing adapter to run with a small block ford transmission. I'm using an M5ODR2 transmission from a 2000 F150 and a clutch kit from a 1996 F150 that had the 5.0. I can get the...
  15. shr3dd3r 09

Fuel pump assembly fitting sizes?

I have a 2000 ranger with 3.0 v6. What size are the quick disconnect fittings on top of the fuel pump assembly? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. shr3dd3r 09

V belt pully for compressor?

I'm doing a 4bt swap in my ranger. Previously I had a 5.0L V8 in it from a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer. I have the stock compressor from the mountaineer and I am going to try and fabricate a custom bracket to mount it to the 4bt. The issue is I am going to need to drive it off of a V belt pulley...
  17. shr3dd3r 09

Fuel line diameter?

What is the fuel line diameter on a 2000 ranger 3.0l? 5/16 or 3/8 maybe? Also looks like the line is crimped from the factory at a few places along the frame. Would be interesting to know the minimum diameter along the supply line... Anyone have this info? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. shr3dd3r 09

Dana 35 gears

What are the tallest gears (numerically small) available for the D35 IFS? I have a 2000 Ranger with the D35 front axle and torsion bar suspension and I am swapping a 4bt into it. I'd like to run 3.55 or 3.31 to put the 4bt in the proper power band at highway speeds.
  19. shr3dd3r 09

2000 Ford Ranger 4bt Swap

Here's my build I'm starting: http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?92506-2000-Ford-Ranger-4bt&p=913970&posted=1#post913970
  20. shr3dd3r 09

Tire Size?? Skid plates with body lift?

Here's my ranger post 3 inch body lift. Installed by myself... What a PITA. It's a 2000 4x4 and has a mild t-bar crank and 245/75r16s. The rims are stock 16x7. Should I go with 265/75r16 or 285/75r16? It has a 5.0 in it with the M5ODR2 tranny and 4.10 gears. Also, the front skid plate will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad