• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Combs Customs

Suggy Build

So it's been over a year at the new house. Been knocking things off my list of things to do. Finally getting to the point I can almost work on it. Spending time this week building workbench and shelves. Once organized I will get some 220 in the garage. Got big changes in mind...
  2. Combs Customs

Suggy Build

So slo-vo has been getting on me to post a build thread so here it is :thefinger: Starting with a '93 4 door Explorer. Had 4.0 A4LD 2wd. Basic Drivetrain is: 97 Explorer 302 with GT-40P heads NP435 NP203 NP205 '79 HP KP Dana 60 '94 Sterling 10.25 Suspension will be double triangulated front...
  3. Combs Customs

Front 60 out of a burned truck?

The tag got read wrong. It does have 3.73 with limited slip in rear. He just missed the first 3.
  4. Combs Customs

Trac Bar bracket???

I removed mine on my 91 ranger. On my 93 explorer, it didn't have one. The 4wheel ABS box mounts using those bolts so they can't put the shock on. All the 4.0's have a lot of engine shake at idle, the shock was an attempt to soften the vibrations in the truck.
  5. Combs Customs

dropping 3" with dream beams have moog adj camber bushings

You could call an alignment shop. Or look at it by eye and get them near level. Camber is -1.3* to .8*. Left and right need to be equal with a .5* split in caster. This is aside from the fact that beams have little to no effect on camber or caster due to the fact it raises the mounting point...
  6. Combs Customs

chassis tech oe style cast I-beams

Are you wanting to lower the truck or leave it stock height?
  7. Combs Customs

92 bagged 306 B303 cam

Your truck makes my truck jealous. Great job on the first bag job.
  8. Combs Customs

Body swap/lowering question

First: In 1998 the cab got stretched 3" for more room. This would also change the length of the frame. You could make it work, but its not a bolt on ordeal. Second: Not sure about not having front driveshaft installed. That will proabably mess up the transfer case. As far as Hub Bearing, it...
  9. Combs Customs

Recomend me rear shocks for a 4" drop.

2 very quickly blown shocks. should ride ok for a week or so. i have done it.
  10. Combs Customs

Harlan, KY July 9-12

A few of us guys from cincinnati are leaving for Harlan early July 9th. Anyone is welcome to come for some wheeling, drinking, and camping. We've rode the park a few times, going to explore a little deeper. Will be at the south entrance around 2-3 pm on the 9th. PM me if your interested in...
  11. Combs Customs

Front Axle U-Joints

In my 93 Explorer. Trying to replace my front 3 axle joints. I bought the ones from Poly Performance for a 79-95 4x4 truck (caps to small) and i have 297 joints here (1/8" too wide for clip). Do i have some POS front D35? This is with like 3 different sets of shafts too.
  12. Combs Customs

Replacing Stock Cat with High-Flow

91 Ranger 4.0L 5-speed 2wd. I was wondering if anyone sells an adapter to go from the stock oval port to a regular round one. This is the port from the y-pipe to the converter. I see no point in paying $200+ for a converter when i can buy a universal for $90 that does the same job.
  13. Combs Customs

Not real safe like.....

Your swaybar is supposed to be LEVEL. You need to flip the sway bar brackets back over and maybe get some longer endlinks. I had a '92 Ranger reg. cab / longbed. Lowered with the 3" dream beams. I ended up with either 1 or 2 endlinks off a 4x4 truck, because they were a little longer, and...
  14. Combs Customs

my new link tacked up ----pics

I know you need at least 40* separation of the Upper arms to be triangulated enough not to have to run a panhard bar. So each link should be 20* or more from perpendicular.
  15. Combs Customs

Any ideas on this grille

Got this grille off a parts 86 Bronco II. Not sure on who made it looking for more information on it. May be for sale, if anyones interested.
  16. Combs Customs

Northern KY Wheeling Trip Oct. 18-19

Me and some buddies are heading down to NKY about 50-60 miles south of Cincinnati to a small park. Were going to 491. This is an open invite to whoever wants to show. Alcoholic beverages will be enjoyed. Sat. the 18th ONLY, no wheeling on the 19th.
  17. Combs Customs

dodge ford 9"

Band Hammer for Kitty Spammer?
  18. Combs Customs

Desperate for help

Mods please leave this here until Friday, I need the high traffic. The EX in my sig needs an extension housing between the tranny and tcase, mine broke today. Post up price and shipping to 45069. Any help apperciated.
  19. Combs Customs

My Big Truck!

Hello all, I hope you enjoy my new big truck. It is a 93 explorer 4dr 4x4. Just did oil pump, front cover, timing chain and gear set, intake gaskets etc. Installed a "custom" 6" suspension lift consisting of bds brackets and coils, skyjacker shocks drop pitman and brake lines. Used MORE spring...
  20. Combs Customs

93 Explorer DD Modifications

I haven't got any pictures online yet, but i need to start a construction thread for my sploder. It's the one in my sig, originally a 4.0L / A4LD / 1354E truck. Everything else stock besides some rear lift shackles and lots of miles. Saturday March 29th I pulled the entire drivetrain out...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad