• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Insanejughead

Blown head gasket woes

I had my cylinder head gasket give out on me not too long ago. Once I pulled the head, I found coolant getting into cylinder #4, and a chipped piston on cylinder #1. The gasket had been blown away between cylinders #1 and #2. My question is this: how did all this happen to cylinder #1? I...
  2. Insanejughead

Should I go for these seats?

What do you all think?
  3. Insanejughead

I'm pissed and confused...

Tonight, and after spending five hours on it, I figured out why my rear differential was leaking bad enough that it runs itself dry rather quickly. The 8.8" that came in my ranger has always had problems with leaking, but it has progressively gotten worse over the years. At first, I started...
  4. Insanejughead

Electrical testing; nothing makes sense...

Two years ago my pickup was involved in a wreck. In order to have something to drive, I took the '86 thunderbird turbo computer and components that were in the ranger, and I swapped into back into my '86 thunderbird. I then put all of my '87 turbo coupe stuff in the ranger, but it won't run...
  5. Insanejughead

Electrical mystery

I just about have my pickup running again, and this time I will have the '87 LA3 in it, but I'm having problems with something that I don't understand. When checking the SIG and SIG RTN on the VAM and TPS, I'm getting a reading of .07-.08 millivolts. My dad and I both have triple checked...
  6. Insanejughead

Ranger Meet - East KC!

Hey everyone in the Northern Midwest! I wanted to let those of you in Iowa, Nebraska, and even Illinois, that there is a ranger meet planned for the weekend of July 14th and 15th at Zarda BBQ in Blue Springs, MO. Here's the original thread that I will be sure to update as I get information...
  7. Insanejughead

Ranger Meet - East KC!

One of my friends up in the KC area is hosting a ranger meet next month (July) on the 14th or 15th (exact date to be decided shortly) at Zarda BBQ in Blue Springs, MO. How's about some people on here going to it?! :icon_bounceblue: I really hope I can make it, even though I'll be driving...
  8. Insanejughead

What do you think about those birthdays, eh?

I say only 10 of them aren't bogus... :icon_twisted: Today's Birthdays (June 5, 2012) View Birthdays Knighthawk (49), cocacher, lars1308 (47), NVR2FST (38), Burkebrian010025 (38), Ranger-Rod (37), hometownbuffet4D2B (37), Jimbo3277 (30), levelthreeporkproducer (28), Carmenkatie9B51 (28)...
  9. Insanejughead

Crazy shopping cart guy

Drives a Gen 1 ranger... Shopping cart surfer
  10. Insanejughead

Million Mile Odometer, who has one?

Just as the title says, but I also want to know what year ranger you have, and where it came from (like the state it was originally sold in). I have one, and I'm just curious if anyone else does.
  11. Insanejughead

Question about Pioneer amplifier

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about putting an amp in my car for the rear two speakers to have more "oomph" without putting my headunit through too much strain and to clear up my overall sound. I was given an amp a year ago or so and I know almost nothing about it, but from what I've...
  12. Insanejughead

Manual steering? Manual brakes?

I'm just trying to find out who has manual steering (or swapped to manual steering) and likes it that way? And has anyone stuck with manual brakes or swapped to them? (I would've went with manual brakes last weekend, but the pedal shafts I have from my gen 1 are different lengths and I...
  13. Insanejughead

What happened to the thread about a meet on the 25th?

Title says it all...
  14. Insanejughead

Old horns...

I want to get different horns for my ranger because the ones that I have sound like a whinny toddler. They're loud, but they suck. I've been going through some junkyards and finding quite a few '70s F-150s and such that have BIG snail style horns. Does anybody know how well those things...
  15. Insanejughead

Putting it back up to stock

I've been loving the look of my truck being lowered for the past year and a half, but it's gotten to the point that I find it annoying to always be rubbing suspension parts and fender wells on the rough roads that I frequent in my area (rural Missouri isn't an asphalt wonderland) Plus, I've had...
  16. Insanejughead

JIM! Check this out!

Jim (as well as everybody else) get a load of this. I think I've found very clear evidence that TheRangerStation is better (and more recognized) than RangerPowerSports. Well damn... I was going to post a pic, but I can't from this military computer. Alright, here's the instructions to the...
  17. Insanejughead

Clamps to install tonneau cover?

Someone please help me out here... I have been searching for nearly a month on and off, but now I'm starting to get agitated beyond all hell because I REALLY want to get my tonneau installed as soon as possible I can't find a set of clamps to hold down my Lund Genesis snap cover anywhere...
  18. Insanejughead

Fix for rubbing brake lines?

Hey all, I'm really curious on what some of you have done to stop your flexible brake lines from rubbing your dropped I-beams up front on your rangers? I dropped mine in April last year and in Dec '08 I swapped out my DJM beams for some Belltechs. Lately I've had my brakes become intermittent...
  19. Insanejughead

Fix to a rubbing brake line?

Hey all, I'm really curious on what some of you have done to stop your flexible brake lines from rubbing your dropped I-beams up front on your rangers? I dropped mine in April last year and in Dec '08 I swapped out my DJM beams for some Belltechs. Lately I've had my brakes become intermittent...
  20. Insanejughead

Cutting heater box to clear turbocharger?

I've tried searching, but I've probably tried starting off on the wrong foot. Who here has cut their box to clear their turbo and how did you do it? What tools did you use? Where and what do you measure to get the most effective use of it when you plasti-weld that piece back in place? Hope...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad