• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JFortner5

Clutch pedal quit working

I just drove home from work and got within a mile of my house, slowed down for a turn and went for 2nd gear and it wouldn't go. Let the clutch out and rev matched it. Had to do that the rest of the way home. With the truck in gear moving, I push the clutch in and it doesn't disengage. My...
  2. JFortner5

Brake noise

Just bought an 02 Ranger and when I push the brake pedal to slow down it makes kind of a clicking sound. When I first put pressure on the pedal it doesn't do it but the truck starts to slow down. If I press a little harder the noise starts. I'm thinking it's coming from the rear but I don't...
  3. JFortner5

Bought a new truck today

I've been looking for a truck for a couple weeks and after driving several Rangers and F150's I decided to get this 2002 Edge. It's a 2wd, 3.0L, 5 speed, with a 4.10 8.8" rear end. It seems fairly clean and has a pretty straight body. I mostly posted to see if I'm on the right track with my...
  4. JFortner5

May be picking up another Ranger

Hey everyone I'm looking at possibly getting my 5th Ranger. (I know I have a problem) I don't already have 4 they were all in the past. Anyway I sold my last Ranger, a 99 reg cab 3.0L 5 speed. I only did it because my mom offered me her 07 Impala for very cheap. So I did it, and almost...
  5. JFortner5

Choosing new car

Hey everyone I know this isn't really tech, but I am going to be in the market for a new (new to me) car. I've had my Ranger for 4 years and I find myself wanting something a little nicer. Don't get me wrong I like the truck, but it's my 4th Ranger and I just really want a change. I have 2...
  6. JFortner5

1999 3.0L to 2.3/2.5T (Long)

I can't really find anything about this and I've been trying for a couple days. My goal is to have a 2.3T Ranger making 250ish rwhp. I want a fun, reliable daily driver. Requirements are really only to keep A/C and get the same 22mpg I am now. My 3.0L is still running and I'm still driving...
  7. JFortner5

Giving my truck some much needed maintenance

I'll admit I've been putting off changing a few things out for a while. I have a slow coolant leak that needs fixing and I'm past due for a cam synchronizer. This isn't really 3.0L tech but for Christmas I asked for some tools or sears gift cards. I have a pretty good socket set and wrenches...
  8. JFortner5

Free Stuff Thread

First off I know this isn't tech, but its not really classified either. I only posted it here in hopes that it would get more attention. I took this idea from a member on FRF, who took it from Dezert Rangers. The idea was to post up a Ranger/automotive part that you would give to another...
  9. JFortner5

Transmission swap

fOk here is the deal, I am getting sick of shifting all the time. Id like to convert from my 5 speed manual to an automatic. I cant find much information on doing this. All of the threads I have found are the same, somebody says, "youll need a transmission and shifter." Well I pretty much...
  10. JFortner5

Manual to Auto swap

I did search, but could only find information on people doing the opposite of this. I am getting kind of tired of shifting, and my transmission is getting a little harder to shift as well. I'd like to put in an automatic with a shift kit. I have done an auto to T56 swap for my buddy in his...
  11. JFortner5

3.0L funny noise

Truck makes funny noise Video describes it, but its just on cold starts. Excuse my voice, I've got a terrible cold. http://youtu.be/STH0BnPloAE
  12. JFortner5

RPM's hanging

Hey guys I just noticed this problem yesterday afternoon. It seems to be fine until I drive on the interstae for a few miles. After that, when I let off the gas and clutch it to shift, the rpms go up a little bit and hang there. I don't have a tach but I can hear it. This makes for really clunky...
  13. JFortner5

Transmission swap (2WD)

Hey guys I've got a 99 regular 3.0l 5 speed. The transmission is starting to make a little noise and is feeling a bit clunky lately. In the future I'd really like to SAS my truck, but I don't have the funds currently. I'm wanting to do this in stages so I don't have to drain the bank account...
  14. JFortner5

How To: Change your manual transmission fluid

I'm not sure if somebody has done this already, but either way maybe it will help somebody out. I bought my 99 Ranger about 4 months ago with 132k miles. It seems like it was taken care of fairly well throughout its life but I had a feeling nobody ever messed with the transmission fluid...
  15. JFortner5

Swing set

We bought a swing set for our son at our new house. I picked it up yesterday afternoon and opened everything and took it to the back yard. I kind of sorted everything out and even put the main "frame" together just so it could stand up on its own. I got up this morning hoping to just have a...
  16. JFortner5

Screeching on startup

Ok I posted this on RPS so I'm sorry if you may have seen it there. My truck, a 99 FFV makes a screeching sound on cold starts. It doesn't do it every time, pretty much just when it has been sitting over night. It does it as soon as the engine starts, and only lasts about one second. Once it...
  17. JFortner5

Clutch Issue

Well actually I'm sure its a hydraulic problem. I have noticed a little inconsistency in my clutch pedal. It has been pretty good but I have been driving the truck everyday. Well I haven't driven the truck since Friday and I just hopped in it to go to the store. The first half of the pedal...
  18. JFortner5

Great news today

After a long search and an even longer application process, I will be a homeowner on Tuesday!!! I've been waiting for this for a long time, it feels like working hard has finally paid off. It will be our first house but I can't wait to get moved in. Its nice to be able to give my 2 year old and...
  19. JFortner5

Cam Sync question

Hey guys just bought the truck in my sig a couple days ago. Its got 133k and runs great. I want it to stay that way so I want to replace the cam sync. Everything I have read says to use the Motorcraft part, but is the Motorcraft part any better than what is in it from the factory? Has it been...
  20. JFortner5

Shifter movement

Hey guys I notice that in the lower gears, 1st and 2nd that the shift has a little movement. Like if I let off the gas and then get back on the gas it moves about a half inch or so, maybe more. I'm thinking possibly engine mounts or transmission mounts could cause this? While I'm typing I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad