• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Swapping IAC valves on 2.3 - suggestions?

RIG: 1994 Ranger 2WD, 2.3L, Manual trans: OEM IAC valve: F37E-9F715-A1B Anyone ever swapped the IAC valves from different Rangers or other models? I discovered today that my IAC is bad. Ok.. so go get another one... To my surprise, it seems the parts shops are quite proud of this valve and...
  2. Need help with OBD code2 (VIDEO)

Need help with OBD codes (VIDEO) 1994 Ranger 2WD, 2.3L, Manual trans. This is related to my other post regarding my engine stalling... I'm hoping an OBD1 guru could help me figure out what codes my truck is throwing? I'm getting lost in the flashing 'translation' and would appreciate some...
  3. 94 Ranger bucking/stalling - Pulling my hair out! HELP!

94 Ranger bucking/stalling - SOLVED !!!! I have a 1994 Ranger 2WD with a 2.3 engine (2 plugs per)... Manual transmission. I rebuilt the engine and truck some years ago for one of my kids. It's ran PERFECT with no problems whatsoever. Since then, the truck was passed down to my youngest brat...
  4. Am I on borrowed time? Fuel pump Q'n

2001 Ranger, 4.0 SOHC, 4x4, XLT Supercab, 146,354 miles. I've read multiple threads similar to my question, but it seems the time to replace your fuel pump seems to vary greatly... Some have crapped out at 50k and others over 200k. My question (concern actually): Am I on borrowed time to...
  5. 'Lazy" seat belt - need information on the actual repair

Hope this is the right forum to post this question... apologies if it isn't... - My driver's side (front) has the dreaded "Lazy seat belt" syndrome as described in Ford's TSB # 05-16-11, (Dated 08-22-05). Their "fix is to apply some sort of Teflon tape, part # 3L2Z-78611D70-AB. I haven't been...
  6. Looking for extended mirrors

Does ANYONE sell extended towing mirrors that will fit the 2001 Ranger OEM mirrors? I haven't been able to find anything 'off the shelf'. The only towing mirrors I've been able to find are for the F150/250 or older Rangers (80-90's) Has anyone tried to swap mirrors from an F150? How much bigger...
  7. Looking for harness connector 4R44E

1996 Ranger, 2x2 2.3L 4R44E auto trans. I need a replacement pigtail to repair the connector on my transmission. Most of the wires on mine are pulled and/or bare causing a possible short. The computer is throwing codes 0755 and 1747. I've found a new Motorcraft 'repair' pigtail kit, but they...
  8. Will a 1998 2.3 swap into a 1996?

I was wondering if anyone knows if a 1998 2.3 will bolt-for-bolt into a 1996 that has a 2.3? Both trucks have the same engine and tranny, but I was wondering if there are computer differences, etc... ? Thanks, H.
  9. AC Shrader valve sticky - need to know what tool to get

It appears my Shrader valves on both the high and low side have a very tiny leak. Although the port caps contain the leak, I want to replace the valves. Question is... where can I get one of those valve core tools that will remove the cores without discharging the whole system? I found some on...
  10. 96 Ranger with Tranny problems

I got a killer deal on a 1996 Ranger 2WD (2.3 engine). It's straight as a pin, runs, but needs some TLC. The tranny is making some interesting noises. At 200k+ miles, I'm just going to overhaul the whole smash. I thought I'd ask if anyone has any tips before I dive into it. I think it's a...
  11. Replacing excluder dust seals: My How-to

Admins: Please sticky this if you feel it's worthy: -------------- If you have one of these vehicles and you have a high-pitched squeal or whistling coming from the front axle, it’s a good bet your EXCLUDER seals are toast. Ford TSB # 01-11-4 1998-2001 Explorer 2000, 2001 Ranger 2001 Explorer...
  12. Removing CV joints - Which tool do I need?

Hope this is the right forum... I have a 2001 Ranger 4x4. I have to replace the excluder (dust) seals on the CV shafts. The manual recommends a 'CV Joint remover/puller'... Has anyone used these before? Do I really need this special tool? And if so, which one will fit my Ranger? There...
  13. Excluder seals going out AGAIN

I posted this question on the RPS forums, so I thought I'd post it here as well: . This is the THIRD time the excluder seals have went bad in my Ranger. The last time Ford fixed them, they were suppose to be an 'upgraded' version of seals. I don't know what the warranty is on these upgraded...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad